PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

15 Dec 2009
By: Hereder Member 16 Posts
Level 1

Delete Trophies

39 Replies 1440 Views Created 15-12-2009

There is allot of people out there who would love the option to "Delete Trophies" from their Trophy List.
I'm one of them. Sometimes when you try out a game and find it boring, it's just enjoying having the "1% Trophy" message in your Trophy List.

That's why I have made a CRAPPY Flash Movie about this dilemma, to see what you guys think about the Option to "Delete" trophies from your Lists.

I have done 2 options in this clip, First option will allow you to but the "Half-Done-Game-Trophies" to a "Pick'n Mix" section so you don’t have to see them. The other Option allows you to Delete them completely from your PSN account. But if you do so, your PS3-Level will decrease!

If you are interested: Which one do you think is best?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXaRwneMBaY&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXaRwneMBaY&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (1,440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Delete Trophies

Deleting them is a big no IMO, what if your account got hacked? They could have a wail of a time deleting days worth of work. The only thing you should be able to delete is 0%

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (1,422 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

they could at least enable a "public" or "hidden" feature.
symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (1,415 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Being able to delete trophies would render them pointless IMO. If there was any way at all of being able to delete them, I'd simply stop collecting them. People could get into your account and delete all of your trophies, now that wouldn't make you a happy bunny would it?

Either accept that the trophies you earned are there to keep, or don't bother with them at all!

Online stats are the same thing, would you delete some deaths on MW2 just because you could? It's a bit stupid TBH. A trophy is yours to keep, doesn't matter if you have 1% or not, it won't make a difference.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (1,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

They all add to your overall level, so I don't see a problem with them. I'd rather have them, than not have them.

photo 2hgctuf.png

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (1,370 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

As said above a delete trophy option comes with more problems than it would solve with account hacking and "accidental deletes"... I wouldn't want to spend hours earning one particular trophy only to slip on the DS3 and lose all that work.

Hiding trophies would be a much better feature, I'd be able to log into the PSN and select games I would rather not appear on my trophy list, I think there would have to be a limit though... you can only hide games if you have less than 20% of the trophies say, so you don't get people with 31 plats but nothing in their public cabinet.

Or even just be able to hide anything on your local PS3's trophy list, I think that's where most of the frustration comes from. I dont really care that a friend has 0% on PAIN as I only see it once in a blue moon when I compare trophies. SSHD sat at 0% on my list because I downloaded the trial annoys the hell out of me though :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (1,353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I say dont worry about it OP, it really does not matter if you have games with 0% trophys its all about having fun bud.  I wont tell anyone if you dont :Thumbs:

Beavis is da man Vote Stu for PM :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (1,342 Views)
0 Kudos

Sadly, I am in the same situation. I have a game that I bought..tried it, and will never, ever play it again. Surely, the easiest way around this would be that once you deleted the game off the ps3, it would then give you the option to delete all game trophies off the psn as well...but guess what...SONY don't care. They have had your money, and don't care about users 'issues'. IF, and it's a big if, IF they did, they would have a contact email or contact number or something on this site..  OOOOHHH NO. They don't.

Something as simple as this surely wouldn't take that long to sort out, but seems like they aint listening.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (1,030 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

BAZ1307 wrote:
Being able to delete trophies would render them pointless IMO. If there was any way at all of being able to delete them, I'd simply stop collecting them. People could get into your account and delete all of your trophies, now that wouldn't make you a happy bunny would it?

Either accept that the trophies you earned are there to keep, or don't bother with them at all!

Online stats are the same thing, would you delete some deaths on MW2 just because you could? It's a bit stupid TBH. A trophy is yours to keep, doesn't matter if you have 1% or not, it won't make a difference.

That ^^^ would make me going on a mad one!! i would try my best to get access to theirs and ruin their account. i love my trophies, i would like to remove games but only games with 0% like the xbox has.

Twitter: @LewisWatkins_
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (1,025 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

The forums would be full of all the clever people who give their email and passwords away saying they got "hacked" and all their trophies deleted.

I can see it now.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (1,019 Views)
0 Kudos