08 Jan 2007
Playstation Staff

Did you order a PS3 from Japan? How long did it take to arrive?

9 Replies 299 Views Created 08-01-2007
My mate ordered a PS3 from Japan and it got shipped today he lives in Ireland he is getting it sent by airmail so does anyone know so how long would it take for his PS3 to arrive to Ireland? Can any PS3 owners in UK and Ireland tell me how long it would take?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Did you order a PS3 from Japan? How long did it take to arrive?

Our airmail TO Japan takes 5-10 days, I would guess they have a similar system to us. Unless you friend paid extra to airmail via a courier service which might be quicker.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

If he is getting it from Japan he can expect a hefty import tax on it, even when marked as a Gift you can quite often find yourself with a large fee.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

If he is getting it from Japan he can expect a hefty import tax on it, even when marked as a Gift you can quite often find yourself with a large fee.

I dont understand will he have to pay the tax when buying the PS3 or when he recieves it?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Well, I have experienced a couple of times being slapped with a big bill when the post man came to my door, just a warning thats all.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Rofl lmao :Lol:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Rofl lmao :Lol:

Yes, it was hilarious..... though I was on holiday when the £30 for my digital camera was asked for so I am OK with that one.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well, I have experienced a couple of times being slapped with a big bill when the post man came to my door, just a warning thats all.

And when my mate gets this bill how much time will he have to pay it? (I better tell him soon and I bet he will probably be really p****d off)
Does this tax thing apply to things bought on ebay?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It all depends on how much he bought it for if he gets hit with this tax: Import Duty can be up to 5-10% VAT 17.5% Your friend could be paying up to 20-30% more tax on top of the PS3 when it arrives at the door. So tell him to have some cash handy for when the postman cames.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I ordered mine from Hong Kong, cost me £50 for it be shipped with DHL and took 4 days (Monday - Thursday) to get from HK to my door.

Also, he may or may not get stung by custom and VAT charges, it all depends on the people at customs and how the sender has labelled it. If he has labelled it as a gift and marked down the value low then it should get through fine.

My sender marked it as a gift and marked the value of the items as follows:

Console : $210
Games: 4 x $15.

It got through customs no problem and I wasnt charged any customs, tax or vat charges.

Just luck of the draw alot of the time.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Kudos