Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Do we have to install every ps3 game into HDD?

To be fair I can endure probably 15secs of loading on a game like Genji, I couldnt be sitting around for 30mins installing a game just to get a 4sec loading time.

So, don't install it then, very simple really
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No it doesnt take 3mins to install! Its 30mins!

The information was on news4gamers.com linking to an article like a week ago to which I think if you used the search button was already talked about.

To be fair I can endure probably 15secs of loading on a game like Genji, I couldnt be sitting around for 30mins installing a game just to get a 4sec loading time.

However if Genji takes 15secs how long does Resistance take?
Link Please. :xRolleyes:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Link Please. :xRolleyes: Ah it said 30mins on that article a few days ago now it says 3mins. That is extremely impressive to which there is no argument and I will say its fantastic that its just takes 3mins to install 4gb of data. Here is the link anyways: http://www.mtv.com/news/?source=TLD_mtvnews.com#/news/articles/1543621/20061020/ludacris.jhtml?headl...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ah it said 30mins on that article a few days ago now it says 3mins.

That is extremely impressive to which there is no argument and I will say its fantastic that its just takes 3mins to install 4gb of data.

Here is the link anyways:

http://www.mtv.com/news/?source=TLD_mtvnews.com#/news/articles/1543621/20061020/ludacris.jhtml?headl...
wow ubercool !! MTV telling me gamefacts 0mfgz0r !!!

*tumbleweed passes by*

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It means that when you first load the game up it will ask you if you wish to install. If you select yes then it will take 3 mins to install. Once you have installed then you won't have to do this procedure again unless you delete it from your hard drive.
duz this meen u never have to put the game disk in the ps3 again, if so the i could sell most tof my games for the ps3 (wen i get it) and make a small profit.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

duz this meen u never have to put the game disk in the ps3 again, if so the i could sell most tof my games for the ps3 (wen i get it) and make a small profit. Did you even read the article? No where does it say you install the full game...Even if you could you need the disc since it would need to verify that you own the game...Although there are 'fixes' for such things on the PC lol. But basically no you only install part of the game so it loads quicker.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Did you even read the article? No where does it say you install the full game...Even if you could you need the disc since it would need to verify that you own the game...Although there are 'fixes' for such things on the PC lol. But basically no you only install part of the game so it loads quicker. Well sorry i was only asking:xRolleyes: no need to bite my head off. thanks for telling me anyway:Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Well sorry i was only asking:xRolleyes: no need to bite my head off.:Thumbs: thanks for telling me anyway Haha sorry mate - its just lots of folk that are into the PS3 dont seem to even read up on it and ask me for links lol.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It means that when you first load the game up it will ask you if you wish to install. If you select yes then it will take 3 mins to install. Once you have installed then you won't have to do this procedure again unless you delete it from your hard drive. Hmm, thanks, didn't understand before, but sure do now :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Kudos