Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Do you think PSN will be hacked again

[ Edited ]

mackemladlee wrote:

yes true, but just incase i have removed my card details off the PSN even though it was fine the last time i just cant trust Sony, i'll stick to pre paid cards much safer

someone correct me if im wrong, but even though you have removed your card details, they stay on the psn system for a while before completely being wiped.

------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

thats not good how do i know that my details will be deleted

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19 (203 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I kinda doubt it to be honest. You never steal from the same place twice if you're a thief of any kind. It could just be empty threats to scare Sony for the SOPA support. 

Me personally I'm all about the gaming and I do not think Anon are acting in our intrests as gamers. There idea of "helping" us was to attack and bring down the very thing that made us gamers and made us connect and talk and be social. 

Anon say they want freedom for everyone on the net, so they take down the PSN which is 1 of the biggest digital social services of this gen. How does that help ? You're not helping,if anything it's hindering and attacking your own ideas and objective. 

I trust sony with my details so far even after the 1st "PSNGate" and I think it was a wake up call to them for tighter security and defence against this kind of thing. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19 (190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

PS3, mobile phones, other hand held devices and PC's some of the silly places people choose to save bank details lol

:Stupid: Dont be stupid keep your details to yourself - The only 100% secure device is an unplugged one.

I think therefore I am
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Comrade-Bozzey wrote:

I kinda doubt it to be honest. You never steal from the same place twice if you're a thief of any kind. 

Although perhaps with some irony, that kind of complacency can actually increase the risk of another attack. The most effective attacks are often where you least expect them.

It isn't entirely unknown for burglars to target the same house for a second time a few weeks later, knowing that what was stolen previously would have been replaced with new items by then.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19 (166 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

This post features my own opinion.

Due to Sony's latest terms & conditions it say's that they will not be responsible if any details get stolen with any hacking which has taken place; so basically their saying we're the ones responsible for our own credit information. They changed the T/C due to PSN being hacked the last time.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19 (162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Didn't Anonymous say they were going tot attack Sony again but not in a way that would affect the gamers this time??

I wish they would just disappear to be honest, if the gamers really hated Sony that much then they would simply just stop playing their PS3's.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

In all honesty the likelyhood of psn getting hacked to the degree that it did last year is very unlikely as sony have ramped up security and they never want to let what happened happen again

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19 (128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

SG-0168C wrote:

PS3, mobile phones, other hand held devices and PC's some of the silly places people choose to save bank details lol

:Stupid: Dont be stupid keep your details to yourself - The only 100% secure device is an unplugged one.

I can't believe people use the bank apps on thier phones. I look at my banking on my netbook which I very rarely take out and I don't have my bank website as a favourite or have it rememeber the login. 

Yeah perhaps I'm paranoid and if someone was that bothered they could take 5 seconds to look in my history but It makes me feel a bit better, takes no longer to log in and check it and if someone who stole my laptop while out was good enough to manage to hack my bank details from my computer they will not be taking a £200 netbook from a £6 handbag in a weatherspoons.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19 (112 Views)
0 Kudos