30 May 2011
By Kyle020
Playstation Staff

EB Games Employement Question.

13 Replies 281 Views Created 30-05-2011

Hey names Kyle.

I'm looking to apply at my local store as today i asked how i go about applying and the guy
i spoke to said to bring a resume in and that they just happened to be looking for new staff,
what i wanna know is if anybody works there or if they have tips on what would help me in this
venture.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (281 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: EB Games Employement Question.

A decent knowledge of gaming titles certainly isn't a requirement.

You just need to look the part and even that is questionable.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Windslot wrote:

A decent knowledge of gaming titles certainly isn't a requirement.

You just need to look the part and even that is questionable.

He wants to work at EB..... NO knowledge (with the emphasis on 'no') of gaming or anything else for that matter, is required to work there...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i have a vast knowledge of gaming across the board all consoles including apple products and facebook games, and consoles going back to the atari

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Kyle020 wrote:

i have a vast knowledge of gaming across the board all consoles including apple products and facebook games, and consoles going back to the atari

I think the point is that they don't make it a virtue to employ people who know anything about gaming. If you have some retail experience that would be more important than whether you were a gamer or not.

Putting gaming into the hobby/interests section of your resume wouldn't hurt, and empahsizing your interest in gaming in an interview would be an obvious thing to do.

good luck.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Cheers and yeah i have good experience in retail, trying my best not to get my hopes up though its hell in the job market today.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Kyle020 wrote:

Cheers and yeah i have good experience in retail, trying my best not to get my hopes up though its hell in the job market today.

lol...they are a sarcastic bunch eh :smileyhappy:

But I think what they are trying to say is that EB is primarily about making money and generally seems to employ people who don't really know a lot about what they are selling (I generalise)...I suppose in many ways while I'd love to work in that kind of environment ..they'd probably sack me for stopping people buying pants games and telling them that I'm ripping them right off with a trade in offer :smileyhappy:

Good luck though.....I'm sure you'll get the job....

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

smelck wrote:

Kyle020 wrote:

But I think what they are trying to say is that EB is primarily about making money and generally seems to employ people who don't really know a lot about what they are selling (I generalise)

I'd argue that a business is more profitiable if they have employees who know ***** they are on about.

But then again if you are ripping people off you don't need to worry about that so much.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Just give them a good demo of how good you are at selling people on used games over new copies, also disc scratch insurance or whatever that thing they do is called. Guaranteed hire.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

If you are overweight and look nerdy, YOU'VE GOT THE JOB!!

Just kidding..

I guess knowing a little bit about the consoles and games and also being a good storyteller should get you the job.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (159 Views)
0 Kudos