Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: EULA Changes you or Watchdog may have Noticed.

Look, PSN isn't a democracy and the EULA isn't something you can argue about. If you accept the EULA, you use the service, if you don't, you stop using the service.

It's really just that simple. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37 (937 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Pza266 wrote:

Its the terms and conditions of playing on PSN. As I said, if you don't agree don't play on PSN. I didn't realise you had to be signed in to play all your games. In fact you can probably still enjoy 95% without ever going on the internet.

Watchdog are certainly not investigating them over this so I don't know what gave you that impression. It isn't Britain that has the BBC and Watchdog going after Sony, its a few disgruntled customers.

I have forfeited my privacy and I'm enjoying playing games on PSN. If you feel so strongly simply stop using PSN. Simple.

I really do appreciate your candid responses and genuine courtesy.  I stand corrected on using Britain in a lose manner, but since the BBC is not available outside the UK, I just wrote Britain. Yet it is my hope that some questioning could be raised. Specifically as to how a cooperation's can enforce an EULA,  within the said product update,without providing full disclosure to the effects that service/features/bug fixes entail?

What grants Sony the right to make dynamic changes to said product (PS3) via a service that necessitate bug fixes (3.01 aimed at fixing 3.0 oversight) yet envelope servitude as part of the agreement?

If I may point to a specific statement: 

Some services may be provided automatically without notice when you are online..

I would like to see a change list of what is occurring that manifested this change in the EULA. Because that statement is specifically about having internet correctly connected and enable, and not about logging into the PSN.

Thank you once again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37 (915 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

woobieizer wrote:

Pza266 wrote:

I definitely got an email from Sony stating they were changing the EULA. I read it and signed it and tbh with you don't really care about any of it.

Why do you think Sony are wrong over this? If you don't agree with it don't use PSN.

But what if you did not like the direction Sony was heading? Do you think allowing my purchased game collection going to waste is a alternative? 

Why must it be our only choice?  Why would Britain have BBC/Watchdog gunning the cooperation's and defending consumer rights?

What entity is there to disagree with, when you look, digest, and understand what privacy you are forfeiting on not willing to forfeit?

One payed for the system, game, and now must agree to with a inantimate agreement, binding you to forfeit your rights and privacy. 

What personal privacy are you referring to exactly, what personal privacy will be so defiled while your playing your PS3 online or watching a movie or listening to music, that you will feel compelled to contact the Xfiles and get mulder and Sculley on the case......

Take the tin foil hat off and start living.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37 (907 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

PirateThom wrote:

Look, PSN isn't a democracy and the EULA isn't something you can argue about. If you accept the EULA, you use the service, if you don't, you stop using the service.

It's really just that simple. 

Thom I will disagree gracefully with your comment.  EULA's are subject to crique, otherwise, laywers wouldn't be needed to write them.  

Thanks you for the honest comment, but I think we can just agree to disagree on that point.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37 (895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well I didn't like the changes they made to the start up of the PS3 and the friends list with 3.0 but I'm afraid I just have to live with it as I agreed to their terms when I signed up.
:smileyindifferent::Help:

Zapping since '07.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37 (870 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Firefox2000 wrote:

woobieizer wrote:

Pza266 wrote:

I definitely got an email from Sony stating they were changing the EULA. I read it and signed it and tbh with you don't really care about any of it.

Why do you think Sony are wrong over this? If you don't agree with it don't use PSN.

But what if you did not like the direction Sony was heading? Do you think allowing my purchased game collection going to waste is a alternative? 

Why must it be our only choice?  Why would Britain have BBC/Watchdog gunning the cooperation's and defending consumer rights?

What entity is there to disagree with, when you look, digest, and understand what privacy you are forfeiting on not willing to forfeit?

One payed for the system, game, and now must agree to with a inantimate agreement, binding you to forfeit your rights and privacy. 

What personal privacy are you referring to exactly, what personal privacy will be so defiled while your playing your PS3 online or watching a movie or listening to music, that you will feel compelled to contact the Xfiles and get mulder and Sculley on the case......

Please refer:

4. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION/ AUTHENTICATION

SCE may retrieve information about your hardware and software for authentication, copy protection, account blocking, system monitoring/diagnostics, rules enforcement, game management, marketing purposes, tracking user behavior and other purposes. The information collected is not your personally identifying information.

SCE may retrieve information about your hardware and software for authentication, copy protection, account blocking, system monitoring/diagnostics, rules enforcement, game management and other purposes. The information collected is not your personally identifying information and there is no way to identify you from this information.

The part that included blue in 1.3/ and the part that excluded blue in 1.2.

Legalese, that was considered important enough to warrant the change, and make my tin foil helmet attenuate.

I hope that helps your understanding.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37 (865 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Can you PLEASE next time post pictures BELLOW each other rather than next as it's quite uncomfortable to scroll now horizontally trough suchg "wide" thread? :smileysad: Thank you!

(Any of MODs - would you be so nice to rearange the pictures for us?)

Trade, manage & discuss your EoJ cards at www.eojmanager.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37 (848 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Pza266 wrote:
Well I didn't like the changes they made to the start up of the PS3 and the friends list with 3.0 but I'm afraid I just have to live with it as I agreed to their terms when I signed up.

As did I and several million.. at least consent.  But I am encouraged by the fact that the BBC and concerned owners show courage, even if the matters are none related, yet demostrate the feedback to Sony in a manner consistent with keeping the product secure, yet providing discloser ahead of time, and perhaps a method to update core systems without forfeiting privacy, or having to agree to terms less oriented for the consumers protection and rights as opposed to just protecting the business interest of the monopoly holding all the aces.

Thank you for your time, interest and counterpoints! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37 (834 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

woobieizer wrote:

Firefox2000 wrote:

woobieizer wrote:

Pza266 wrote:

Please refer:

4. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION/ AUTHENTICATION

SCE may retrieve information about your hardware and software for authentication, copy protection, account blocking, system monitoring/diagnostics, rules enforcement, game management, marketing purposes, tracking user behavior and other purposes. The information collected is not your personally identifying information.

SCE may retrieve information about your hardware and software for authentication, copy protection, account blocking, system monitoring/diagnostics, rules enforcement, game management and other purposes. The information collected is not your personally identifying information and there is no way to identify you from this information.

The part that included blue in 1.3/ and the part that excluded blue in 1.2.

Legalese, that was considered important enough to warrant the change, and make my tin foil helmet attenuate.

I hope that helps your understanding.

And explain the impact this will have on your personally and on your day to day life in this world?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37 (825 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

C-a-v-e-M-a-n wrote:
Can you PLEASE next time post pictures BELLOW each other rather than next as it's quite uncomfortable to scroll now horizontally trough suchg "wide" thread? :smileysad: Thank you!

(Any of MODs - would you be so nice to rearange the pictures for us?)

I did preview the post prior, It is vital that one not be uncomfortable trying to view the picture.. Thank you for bringing up the matter.. I will edit shortly and cite.

Warm Regards

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37 (819 Views)
0 Kudos