28 Sep 2011
Playstation Staff

Free Realms

9 Replies 452 Views Created 28-09-2011

Downloaded this, and then downloaded the 1GB data, and now its just sitting there with a loading bar, wont budge, anyone else had this? I assume its installing the new data but has stuck somehow.

Will try deleting it all again if thats the only option

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (452 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Free Realms

no i can never say i have i downloaded it just fine and installed it ok i think its a fun game but you need to be a member to unlock trophies and other items 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (433 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Cheers i will give it another go later on!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Free Realms is class for a free game lol
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Actually yeah this happened to me when trying to play the game.I installed it and started the game fine and played for a bit. Went to play it again a bit later and got stuck on that loading screen so had to turn PS3 off (3 beeps). I'd trying just starting it up normally again and if it freezes again, reinstall. I also had it randomly freeze whilst playing too, thankfully though, all your progress is saved online in realtime, so you don't lose a thing, still annoying though but its not like playing an RPG for 3 hours without saving and it freezing.

For a free game though its great, I'll buy membership at some point but tbh the UK pricing for lifetime is a bit steep compared to the US ($29.99-£27.99), I would've paid £20 - £25. Its a bit of a ghost town online too, was expecting hundreds of people running around but rarely see anyone at all.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (383 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Haha aye I am fully aware its a kids game but I paid for one month anyway £3.99

Its just loads of cool mini games really, with the added bonus of being able to get trophies.

I deleted my game data and reinstalled it and it works fine now!

When I was on last night there was a fair few people running about, got to remember it only came out here yesterday and they didnt even give it an anouncement it was just shoved out in a normal update so most people will have no idea its even on the store.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (347 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Anyone who has played this game on PC would find the PS3 game an absolute disgrace. I shall never understand why they saw fit to release a game in such a state. Terrible lag, choppy framerate, excessive screen tearing, horrible so not HD graphics.  This game is a joke, much like the PS3 version of DC universe. We should not have to settle for crappy broken ports of PC games.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (325 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Although I don't agree that it looks terrible, I am amazed to see the screen tearing present in the PS3 version of Free Realms. I can't believe they couldn't iron that out and just lower the framerate a bit. They could at least have an option in the menu to turn on V-sync.
--------------------------------------------------------
PlayStation News, Reviews & Information
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

the only thing that sucks about this in my opinion is that its hardly free. free till lvl 4, then you have to be a member to do anything else. for the price i might just have to try it for a month as doubt i'll [play it much longer than that. shame really.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

^^ Yeah thats what I was thinking the FREE Realms is a tad misleading. They have to make money to pay for the servers somehow though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (260 Views)
0 Kudos