Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GAME, Buying games or Not?

Unlessa store can offer something more these days there's just no way for them to compete with cheaper supermarket or online prices.

Apart from a few trade in offers recenty (the last thing I got from Game was Skyrim for a few quid) there's nothing they do that's going to make me buy there again - the second hand prices are far too high, the range of stuff being sold has shrunk and it's rare to ever meet a member of staff who really likes gaming and is not just trying to convince you to buy xbox.

Wonder what will happen to their stock when they shut down. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 60 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I don't wish for GAME to go down, but they are very overpriced. I mean its a simple concept really I buy where ever is selling it cheapest ! I can buy some games off Amazon new for the price GAME want for a second hand one. Theyre digging there own grave really.

WWW.SNIPERMARIO.COM

www.SniperMario.com
PlayStation & Vita news and reviews blog.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 60 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

harrispcarl wrote:
No competition for the Supermarkets??? The supermarkets themselves are competition!!!! Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda are all competing against each other!!

As soon as game goes they will hike thier prices back up and compete in other ways. they use game as a bench mark the only way they compete against other supermarkets is to offer other deals with the games. E.G. spend £40 pound and get fifa for £25

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 60 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I've just read this http://gamentrain.com/2012/03/major-uk-gaming-retailer-game-hit-by-fresh-blow/ That they won't be stocking street fighter x tekken. It's getting worse good job I order the game somewhere else.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 60 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

So there no longer going to get any ea games and now this,looks like its the end of the line for game/gamestation.

Feel sorry for the people who will lose there jobs.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 60 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I use Game only in the sales or if they have an exclusive ltd edition I fancy (ala SSX recently), otherwise I always use alternative online retailers to save money.

Supermarkets are ok for games if theres a new release out, but sometimes its just nice to look around a shop, browse the shelves and preowned, possibly find an old second hand game dirt cheap you always fancied playing but never got around to. I tihnk Game has it's place, but need to sort out the way they are run. In Portsmouth theres 2 Game and 1 Gamestation all within 5 mins of each other, 1 recently refurbished!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 60 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

in my local town the only places to buy games is 1 game, 1 gamestation, hmv and blockbusters so if they do go it will have a bad effect in the town as there will be no competition

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 60 (164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mike20036 wrote:
I've just read this http://gamentrain.com/2012/03/major-uk-gaming-retailer-game-hit-by-fresh-blow/ That they won't be stocking street fighter x tekken. It's getting worse good job I order the game somewhere else.

Jeez, they're not stocking anything. I feel sorry for the people that have preordered and now have to get it elsewhere. It's a complete sham :Frown:

GAME without games!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 60 (149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Many of us have spoken of our towns having a GAME and a Gamestation in close proximity.

Brighton, which is only 12 miles from me has 2 GAME stores and a Gamestation within five mins walk of each other!

If they really want to tighten their belts and try to weather the storm the first thing they should be doing is getting it down to just one store in each town. Yes the redundancies would be bad but why pay 2 or 3 lots of shop rent to the local council and all those salaries when just one store would suffice

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 60 (144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

FooFan73 wrote:

Many of us have spoken of our towns having a GAME and a Gamestation in close proximity.

Brighton, which is only 12 miles from me has 2 GAME stores and a Gamestation within five mins walk of each other!

If they really want to tighten their belts and try to weather the storm the first thing they should be doing is getting it down to just one store in each town. Yes the redundancies would be bad but why pay 2 or 3 lots of shop rent to the local council and all those salaries when just one store would suffice

Plymouth is exactly the same - 2 GAME's and a Gamestation. It's a bit excessive really.

You make a good point  - some stores could be closed down if it could avoid the whole ship sinking. It's heading that way at the moment.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 60 (136 Views)
0 Kudos