PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

09 Apr 2012
By: TUCKA4EVA Member 3834 Posts
Level 3

GAME Care Help.

10 Replies 434 Views Created 09-04-2012

My Blu ray drive has just bit the dust unfortunatly so cant play no disc games until it hets repaired.

I bought GAMECARE cover for 3 Years with GAME but the GAME shop i bought it from is now closed down. Does anybody know if this GAMECARE is still in place after all the trouble that the company has been through.

For the record it was Battlefield 3 that broke my ps3 was fine until they released that 1st back to karkland 700 n odd mb patch, after that i saw a massive change in the ps3's behaviour. Bad EA very bad :smileysad:

Any help would be appreicated. :smileyhappy:

Tucka

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: GAME Care Help.

Phone them up and ask.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

would but cant do that until tuesday since its bank holiday tommorrow, didnt really want to fork out £250 for another ps3 since am on my 5th. Its becoming a joke really is. EA just need to die really or atleast learn how to make a game that doesnt bust your drive. Lmao i even contacted watchdog because of them :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (424 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

[ Edited ]
From the Game website:

Making a claim is made as easy as 1,2,3:
Call us on the numbers below so that we can assess the claim and send you a prepaid label.
Warranties bought before 20th February - 0844 391 1050  
Warranties bought on or after 20th February - 0844 481 0479
(0818 911 150 for customers in ROI)

Send the console and relevant paperwork to us.
We'll repair or replace the console and send it back to either your home or work address.

(http://www.game.co.uk/en/info/StaticPageDisplay?langId=44&storeId=10151&categoryId=34552&brdcrmb_tra... )
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (423 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

cheers couldnt find that anywhere on their site before. ill ring them on tuesday, there gunna have some earache :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (416 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

TUCKA4EVA wrote:
cheers couldnt find that anywhere on their site before. ill ring them on tuesday, there gunna have some earache :smileytongue:

Some Game store will let you take the ps3 instore & switch it for a replacement.

Sending it off is the best choice as if the ps3 is beyond repair you get about 3 quarters of the cost back.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

you're covered with Allianz who will deal with everything for you, though GAMEcare is 2 years warranty, not 3 :smileyhappy: so you would have got your standard warranty which included accidental damage from day 1 then a further year ontop of that
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (306 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

aaronsimo wrote:
you're covered with Allianz who will deal with everything for you, though GAMEcare is 2 years warranty, not 3 :smileyhappy: so you would have got your standard warranty which included accidental damage from day 1 then a further year ontop of that

Depends when you bought it.

It used to 3 years and one of my console is still 4 months left of the 3 year plan

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (304 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

TUCKA4EVA wrote:

Most links on their site are disabled and it takes a bit of guesswork to get behind the links. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (263 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The truth is EA are getting greedy with its online pass plus the scams they do with playstation network & XBOX 360 live is unbelievable.

i had Battlefield 3 back to karkland package but when i downloaded the the latest update Battlefield 3 it wiped it off my playstation 3.

It says you can re-download Battlefield 3 back to karkland free again in the playstation store but it lies as you have to re-purchase it again paying money. EA are scammers same as for playstation network & XBOX 360 live for letting this happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (251 Views)
0 Kudos