Level 1

Re: GAME on their arse...

Good point fski. When Virgin Megastores/Zavvi went into administration, gift cards etc were worthless.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 185 (551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

fski wrote:

THE_FORCE wrote:
 What happens to our credit if they go under I wonder ?

Spend it while it's still trading otherwise you'll be left having to claim the worth back from the administrators and may end up with little, if any remuneration

This is exactly why in going into Game tomorrow and picking up Syndicate with a £30 Xmas gift card.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 185 (512 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Gutting. Oh well - good a time as any to buy Skyrim ! ( or is it?).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 185 (510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I think it's a shame that stores are closing, I would much prefer them to become the Game of a few years back than go to the wall. I had an email today from Gameplay apparently they are becoming Gamestation now so maybe someone high up is wondering why they have all these different entities ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 185 (507 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

skywalker1080p wrote:
 10% cut in staff and 35 stores to close announced. Get my discount, get the trade in card spent, and bid farewell it looks like. Plus the fact that they admit that The Last Story wont be sold online or in-store I am forced to buy elsewhere. R.I.P.

Thats very Low number expected at least 25% of shops to go not only 5% 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 185 (505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

skywalker1080p wrote:

Didn't know where else to post this;

http://news.google.com/news/more?hl=en&gl=uk&q=game+uk&gs_upl=7662l10537l0l10882l7l7l0l1l1l0l142l657...

What do others think if GAME do go under?

Oh no! Where am I going to go now to be hard sold a loyalty card while holding up the increasingly restless queue, be given totally inaccurate hardware advice and to buy overpriced games.

On a similar note, I notice that Gameplay (you know, that online firm that shows 'Temporarily out of stock' notices for 90% of the game titles you search their site for.) has now been merged with Gamestation. As I have accounts with both firms I wonder which one will be the primary.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 185 (484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

loftier wrote:

Oh no! Where am I going to go now to be hard sold a loyalty card while holding up the increasingly restless queue, be given totally inaccurate hardware advice and to buy overpriced games.

Isn't it obvious? HMV of course!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 185 (468 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

After the disgusting bundles Game/GameStation offered for the Vita and after looking at the prices of there new/pre owned games I really can't see them surviving much longer. I give them until the end of the summer. I was hoping to buy Shinobido 2 from GameStation with my Vita but they where not stocking it. Along with a load of other Vita titles.

Plus why is there a need for 2x Game stores and 2x GameStation stores very close by where I live. We have a Game and GameStation in the Liverpool 1 shopping center (GameStation just being outside of the center). Then another Game and GameStation 3 minute walk away in St John's shopping center.

£45!!!!! for Uncharted Golden Abyss and FIFA Football are they mad? Grainger Games are pretty decent for trade in's and for new games prices. Plus they even sell import games.

PS4 best console ever! Deep Down Exclusive, Drive Club Exclusive, Planetside 2 PS4/PC Exclusive YEAR OF THE PS4!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 185 (394 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I normally pick my games up 2nd hand or from ASDA/ Sainsburys but give them their due, Game were really good just after Xmas.

Took my son into town to pick up some more Skylander figures and everywhere was sold out but the guy at Game rang the other store for me & got a 3 pack put behind the counter for me!!

My son was very impressed with Game!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 185 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

ocelot07 wrote:

Plus why is there a need for 2x Game stores and 2x GameStation stores very close by where I live. We have a Game and GameStation in the Liverpool 1 shopping center (GameStation just being outside of the center). Then another Game and GameStation 3 minute walk away in St John's shopping center.

I would say that this is because game took over EB (R.I.P)  and still have all their retail units.  They ran them till the leases run out then dropped some. You also have to consider that they were required under law to keep the EB staff. 

fast forward a few years and game have converted some to gamestation and/or simply havent wound down any of the units and have preferred to keep a high street presence.  saturation, town prints etc would all account for the plethora of stores.  (eg. tesco/starbucks)

Game/Gamestation was a good tactic from them as the the general public are not aware that both stores are the same group and when they shop "elsewhere" game still benefit.  (eg. arcadia/kingfisher)

all their strategies have been very good but game failed to remain competetive and with business rates spiralling out of control, tinternet, and consumers having more savvy.  they failed to adapt. 

nb.  in bluewater they have a unit upstairs and down.  :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 100 of 185 (316 Views)
0 Kudos