Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Game Sharing Innocent Question

[ Edited ]

Kogia_breviceps wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

Plenty of US native students have got a tempary ban for using there US parental content in the UK. 

1 User from US I know had a choice, Sony wanted the money paid <$100 and they would lift the ban or be ofline for 3 months. Warned any more sharing and he would be ofline for good.  

Very nice of the SCEA to offer that. Normaly its ban and forget.

What do you mean by 'US parental content in the UK'?  

His Parents content,  DAD and MUM. when you leave home at 18 you are an adult no longer classed as a child. so you can't share the DLC content they paid for. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37 (445 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

trust SCEA to confuse the issue further
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37 (443 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

1. The Op goes to his brother's house and signs in to PSN, goes to download list and downloads the PSN games. 
  2. The op then goes back to his house and signs in there. 
  3. So resulting in both of them having a copy of the game (but only if his brother hasn't deleted the op of the console). 
  4. The op now has 2 consoles activated at this point. 

You wanna know if this is illegal or breaks house rules? Answer: No it doesn't cos you're still within your activation limit; also the content your brother has, is tied to your account; if the User/account is deleted, your brother no longer has access to your game content on his machine.

You're within Sony's limits; so your safe, if you wanna access your game content on a 3rd PS3; you'll have to deactivate one of the other PS3 consoles first.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37 (407 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

LarasAider wrote:
  1. The Op goes to his brother's house and signs in to PSN, goes to download list and downloads the PSN games. 
  3. So resulting in both of them having a copy of the game (but only if his brother hasn't deleted the op of the console). 

You wanna know if this is illegal or breaks house rules? Answer: No it doesn't cos you're still within your activation limit; also the content your brother has, is tied to your account; if the User/account is deleted, your brother no longer has access to your game content on his machine.

You're within Sony's limits; so your safe, if you wanna access your game content on a 3rd PS3; you'll have to deactivate one of the other PS3 consoles first.

You'll get a lot of people banned with that advice.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

GraphiteGB wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

Always wondered this myself. My brother lives down the street from me, & I share my PS+ content with him. Been doing it since September of last year.

If it is against the T&C. I'd much rather Sony warn me first, rather than just ban me with no warning. As it is confusing. They only have themselves to blame anyway, as it's not very clear what's right & wrong. 

That is a Breach of T&C the distance does not matter. You must live at both locations or be using your PS3 or Delete the content after you leave. Not allowed to keep your content on that PS3.  

So yep your game sharing.

The one reason it would not be game sharing is if your under 18 and have Dual homes due to devorced parents. . 

Plenty of US native students have got a tempary ban for using there US parental content in the UK. 

1 User from US I know had a choice, Sony wanted the money paid <$100 and they would lift the ban or be ofline for 3 months. Warned any more sharing and he would be ofline for good.  

Very nice of the SCEA to offer that. Normaly its ban and forget.

read my previous post; the op is currently within Sony's limits. It goes on the number of consoles activated. 2 is the limit for games and 1 is the limit for video. Sony prevents us from using our game content on any other machines after we've used up our activations. It doesn't go on location or age.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

mont348 wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

Why?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37 (403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

LarasAider wrote:

mont348 wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

Why?

The two limit is two consoles you own and have registered i have a brother, sister and brother-in-law who live in the same town as me putting content on their systems would class as game sharing. 

Now if i am to purchase a second PS3 for myself which i am considering doing for the bedroom i will put my account and girlfriends account on both we'll use both systems at different times but with the benefit of not tag teaming over one console we can both play simultaneously without buying stuff again which i see as fine to do. 

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

mont348 wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

mont348 wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

Why?

The two limit is two consoles you own and have registered i have a brother, sister and brother-in-law who live in the same town as me putting content on their systems would class as game sharing. 

Now if i am to purchase a second PS3 for myself which i am considering doing for the bedroom i will put my account and girlfriends account on both we'll use both systems at different times but with the benefit of not tag teaming over one console we can both play simultaneously without buying stuff again which i see as fine to do. 

How would Sony know that? They don't; so I translate it to:

2 activations with any PS3 console, anywhere in the world. 

My brother and I share our games using one PS3, The op however is sharing his game with his brother using two seperate PS3's. He's got the maximum allowed, of 2 consoles activated; so I don't see a problem with it. He's totally within the parametres set up by Sony. If he's breaking any rules; then Sony failed to implement adequete security measures that prevents the OP from doing what he does. Simples...:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37 (392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

LarasAider wrote:

mont348 wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

mont348 wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

Why?

How would Sony know that? They don't; so I translate it to:

2 activations with any PS3 console, anywhere in the world. 

My brother and I share our games using one PS3, The op however is sharing his game with his brother using two seperate PS3's. He's got the maximum allowed, of 2 consoles activated; so I don't see a problem with it. He's totally within the parametres set up by Sony. If he's breaking any rules; then Sony failed to implement adequete security measures that prevents the OP from doing what he does. Simples...:smileywink:

Tell that to my australian friend he was inside the original 5 activation on his original PS3 but his account was noted for suspicious activity with accounts at various IP addresses and locations till the ban hammer fell onto his console and he had to buy a replacement to get back online.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37 (378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Yep Sony know because they have.... 

MAC address data.  

Machine Motherboard ID data. ( Mostly used when you download PSN Video content even for free)

ISP IP address data from your modem ( Which gives them your physical location down to the county and nearest big town. )   

And Credit card address, Location data. (If you use it. )

And its all linked to your PSN ID every time you activate your account on a PS3.

And sony have server software that Matches and flags user data. 

The question is not...

"how does Sony know?.

Instead its...

"When will sony act on it?"

"What is the trigger point for a software sharing Ban?" 

In USA last year it was just under $100 would get you a 3 month ban.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37 (367 Views)
0 Kudos