Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Game.co.uk >> LittleBigRipOff

Ok here is a little secret of how you get around that £5 increase from game.......Buy it elsewhere.......there you now know the secret, now don't go telling everybody.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 45 (339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The game isn't out until next year. I'm pretty sure closer to release game will lower the price to increase pre-orders. People get wound up over the smallest things.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 45 (320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Firefox2000 wrote:

Ok here is a little secret of how you get around that £5 increase from game.......Buy it elsewhere.......there you now know the secret, now don't go telling everybody.

If you can find another retailer that lists the collectors edition... feel free to enlighten me ;-)  That the trouble with one big company monopolising the industry

* Earn cash back on your game purchases @ Quidco or find the cheapest prices online @ Gamecrawler *
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 45 (292 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Well when its actually released i have no doubt it will be cheaper elsewhere, all game are doing now is charging £45 because there are saps who will gladly pay that for a pre-order.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 45 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ill be getting the LBPCE but not at that price!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 45 (263 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I dont see the problem it being £45 or am i missing something :-/ Anyways the US SE version is sooooo much better. Again the EU loose out!
Kbv1
BBM PIN: 30FC5A6F / Cnectd ID: KBv1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 45 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

the point being that, sony recognised that the EU version of the LBPCE is basically pants!

on the blogs there was a huge outcry about it. so sony have said that the LBPCE will carry the same rrp as the standard edition £39.99!

but game in there wisdom decide to cash in on this and have added a fiver!

now if sony hadn't of said anything about the price then i suppose an extra fiver for the content and steel tin edition aint a lot, but the fact they did smacks of game cashing in on a huge title!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 45 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

V00D00CHARL1E wrote:

Its not the actual amount that is the problem.

The US got a real cool collectors edition with book end, etc, and when they announced the EU edition without the extras, just DLC, there was an uproar on the blog

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/11/09/littlebigplanet-2-collectors-edition/#comments

SCEE went some way to redeeming this when they announced the price would be the same as retail, which for me is a good deal.

Now Game are taking the **** by adding an extra fiver just to boost their profit margins.

Boosting their profit margins by selling a game at a higher price than most other online retailers?

Just buy it elsewhere. Game.co.uk will lower the price closer to release anyway, their prices (and boxart) are always pretty random until closer to release.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 45 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

if you think game are bad at selling it for £44.99

Zavvi £54.95 http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/littlebigplanet-2-collectors-edition/10288399.html

so its not that bad

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 45 (203 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

:smileyindifferent: Really is a non-issue, surely you can spare £5 :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 45 (194 Views)
0 Kudos