Reply
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight

EA SPORTS ACTIVE 2

 

I was 105KG and 181cm

 

got this as you said, to get into some excersize at home, in a comfortable surrouding.

 

Liked the PS3 trophies and tracking to encourage me to play.

 

Picked up this game for £12, however have recently seen it for £8 in some stores, so value for money is high.

 

Monitors heart rate and asks you to do daily questionnaires as well, about health and fitness, you can do as many or few of those as you like.

 

I was very unfit and completed the 2 built in challenges, 9 weeks and 12 weeks i think. 

 

This helped me to lose over 10kg in weight and completely changed my eating habits.

 

Since finishing those challenges I joined a gym (needed to take it to the next level). And now im 86kg. go to gym every second day pretty much.

 

I also bought the fight, but its very tough for me, as the controls are not very forgiving, again though, this is cheap and you will sweat after 2 fights.

 

good luck hope you find something that is good for you, but I really owe it to PS3 and EA sports active 2 for getting me started with weight loss and fitness.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 64 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight


darrenj1 wrote:

 

 I joined a gym

 



It's always good to see someone so enthusiastic about throwing money away.... what ever happend to doing press ups, sit ups, chin ups, squats, leg stretching, stress position holds, lifting weights, exercise bike, rowing machine,,, going out jogging at 5 or even 6am to get the early morning fresh air into your lungs? even just take the dog for a walk early at that time for the fresh air is great for you!! and they're all much cheaper than the gym meberships out there, and no one to bother you at home and no feeling bad about others seeing the bingo wings on your arms flapping as you run on the treadmill.

 

 

as long as you're happy with it i guess.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 64 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight


darrenj1 wrote:

EA SPORTS ACTIVE 2

 

I was 105KG and 181cm

 

got this as you said, to get into some excersize at home, in a comfortable surrouding.

 

Liked the PS3 trophies and tracking to encourage me to play.

 

Picked up this game for £12, however have recently seen it for £8 in some stores, so value for money is high.

 

Monitors heart rate and asks you to do daily questionnaires as well, about health and fitness, you can do as many or few of those as you like.

 

I was very unfit and completed the 2 built in challenges, 9 weeks and 12 weeks i think. 

 

This helped me to lose over 10kg in weight and completely changed my eating habits.

 

Since finishing those challenges I joined a gym (needed to take it to the next level). And now im 86kg. go to gym every second day pretty much.

 

I also bought the fight, but its very tough for me, as the controls are not very forgiving, again though, this is cheap and you will sweat after 2 fights.

 

good luck hope you find something that is good for you, but I really owe it to PS3 and EA sports active 2 for getting me started with weight loss and fitness.


 

I think Tesco has EA active 2 for about £15 Thinking of getting it for that price. 

 

The fight is great and you can buy an expansion pack for it. It's like a training program that monitors calories burned, time and repetitions. Plus it's only a few quid. 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 64 (254 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight

To OP.

 

IF you want to lose weight AND tone up it's not that hard really. My advice would be Eat the correct foods, drink the correct liquids, and exercise more than you do now.

 

I was 95 KG before i started the games i posted about, ( which you can choose body parts if needed and choose your own workouts ) and in 6 - 7 weeks i went down to 77 KG. ( 18 KG loss ). Just from doing more exercise and eating the correct foods ( at the right times ). Now i have my weight i wanted, i have managed to keep it without the use of the games, thanks to the foods and drinks i intake now.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 64 (251 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight

Weight loss is SIMPLE. It's just a matter of calories in vs calories out.

 

Hence reduce your calorie intake and increase your calorie expenditure.

 

If you are seeking a game to help you and your wife lose weight, you really aren't taking it seriously.

 

But anyways, the best games for breaking a sweat would have to be:

 

Sports Champions - the gladiator tournament

The Fight - Doubt you will be able to do this for long as it's really hard work.

Grave_24 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 64 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 13
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight

[ Edited ]

emw80 wrote:

Triklops wrote:

hey EMW80 just curious about your graphic on the bottom of your post about the kid labour and xbox 360 controllers, is that true or just a joke?


 

 

It's a fact, AND Microsoft went back to do it again after being caught saying they had made sure standards were imporved LOL, but child labor in any case is simply not aceptable.


As are Sony, Nintendo, apple ect

 

http://kotaku.com/5875082/who-is-to-blame-for-slave-labor+made-game-consoles-gamers-or-game-companie...

 

http://kotaku.com/5874706/report-mass-suicide-threats-at-xbox-360-plant?popular=true

 

Vita made in China as is the Ps3 now along with loads of other stuff..

My guess is due to the loss Sony had last years it is now using cheap labour also.

 

 

 

 

But back on topic

 

Yes diet is important as you need to get the good stuff in you so you have the right energy to do the exersize.

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 64 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight

[ Edited ]

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

emw80 wrote:

Triklops wrote:

hey EMW80 just curious about your graphic on the bottom of your post about the kid labour and xbox 360 controllers, is that true or just a joke?


 

 

It's a fact, AND Microsoft went back to do it again after being caught saying they had made sure standards were imporved LOL, but child labor in any case is simply not aceptable.


As are Sony, Nintendo, apple ect

 

http://kotaku.com/5875082/who-is-to-blame-for-slave-labor+made-game-consoles-gamers-or-game-companie...

 

http://kotaku.com/5874706/report-mass-suicide-threats-at-xbox-360-plant?popular=true

 

Vita made in China as is the Ps3 now along with loads of other stuff..

My guess is due to the loss Sony had last years it is now using cheap labour also.

 

 

 

 

But back on topic

 

Yes diet is important as you need to get the good stuff in you so you have the right energy to do the exersize.


 

 

Chinese factories are staffed with talented people and high tech robots. ( NOT just cheap labour ) Rather, it's an issue of whether or not the person who made the console is being treated fairly—or must negotiate by threatening to kill him or herself. ( Over Foxconn staffing assignments and transfer policies ) ( From 1st and 2nd link )

 

After talking with workers and management, it is our understanding that the worker protest was related to staffing assignments and transfer policies, not working conditions. Due to regular production adjustments, Foxconn offered the workers the option of being transferred to alternative production lines or resigning and receiving all salary and bonuses due, according to length of service. After the protest, the majority of workers chose to return to work. ( From 2nd Link )

 

 

So although " Foxconn makes Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony products. These workers about to kill themselves manufacture Xbox 360s " NOT the PS3, and not everything made in china is cheap labour ( as pointed out )

 

Here's MS investigating KYE with child labour making the 360 controllers http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-accused-of-using-chinese-child-labor-171416.phtml

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 64 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 13
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight

[ Edited ]

Same companey

 

Yes the 360 is the one higlighted but does not mean it was exclusive to them.

 

 

 

Taken from the report "China may be using child labor."

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 64 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight

[ Edited ]

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Same companey

 

Yes the 360 is the one higlighted but does not mean it was exclusive to them.


 

Yes it does as it clearly says in your link ( These workers manufacture Xbox 360s. )

 

Or this link.. http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/04/14/microsoft.mice.made.in.poor.work.conditions/

 

KYE has denied the claims and said it was socially responsible. Microsoft didn't deny the charges but did say it had "commenced an investigation" into the report, which included photographic evidence of many of the practices. ( No Sony )

 

All i'm pointing out is what EMW80 said is correct from what has been brought to light?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 64 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 13
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Game to help loosen weight


LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Same companey

 

Yes the 360 is the one higlighted but does not mean it was exclusive to them.


 

Yes it does as it clearly says in your link ( These workers manufacture Xbox 360s. )


Yes it says in  the link.

 

But I stand by what I say as many things get taken out of content and mistranslated.

The only ones come forward

If these factorys are slave shops and chils labour as claimed how many people would come forward? Not many.

 

They can't even be sure if they were made for 65c

 

but as stated in my edit, it has nop proof just "may have"

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 64 (226 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos