PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

21 Nov 2008
By: VAMET Award Winner 2301 Posts
Level 4

Games on PS3 compatible with keyboard and mouse?

6 Replies 198 Views Created 21-11-2008
Dear Friends

Are there any titles available and compatible with keyboard and mouse?
If any, please reply.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Sincerely
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Games on PS3 compatible with keyboard and mouse?

Only two I know of:

Unreal Tournament III

Playstation Home

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think Unreal is. Don't take my word for it though. Give it a Google. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

VAMET wrote:
Dear Friends

If any, please reply.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Sincerely

I was wondering about this too. I don't play ANY FPSes on the PS3 because of this but I'd like to be able to play R2 and KZ2. I wish more games supported keyboard and mouse.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Chimpanzee wrote:

VAMET wrote:
Dear Friends

If any, please reply.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Sincerely

I was wondering about this too. I don't play ANY FPSes on the PS3 because of this but I'd like to be able to play R2 and KZ2. I wish more games supported keyboard and mouse.

Agreed, playing an FPS game with a sixaxis is like trying to guide mr happy into the triangle of delight whilst heavily intoxicated.

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I tried UT3 and even that turned out to be a pitiful version of mouse support due, I understand, because the mouse support goes through analogue driver - it was like using a PC mouse on a mat of goo (or lag to others lol).

I've spent a year trying to adapt to playing fps competitively online with the PS3 and am now giving up and Cod WaW and all others will be played on a PC.

I've read the arguments against mouse support as it would be unfair to gamepad players but the type of control a mouse offers does not have to be in the form of PC mouse. Sony should adapt the Sixaxis controller by removing the right joystick and replace it with a trackball then everyone would be happy.

I used a trackball for a while playing UT99 and it doesn't take too long to adapt and it soon becomes quite natural - I certainly beat a lot of top players when using it.

But even if standard mouse support was added one big difference between gamepad and mouse players would be that with the mouse there would be no auto aim.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

They won't add it into more FPS games on consoles because people with mouse and keyboards would dominate, it is ok with UT3 because aiming doesn't really come into things :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (159 Views)
0 Kudos