PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

Reply
Level 3
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)

[ Edited ]

IrishViper1 wrote:
Yes I've held her hand in public But I have never danced in the street wearing practically nothing sticking my tongue down her throat and blowing kisses at everyone passing , it's called having respect for yourself and others around you. What's the next thread any Whyte gamers here like to join a group ? Other colours welcome as long as you don't mind playing with Whyte people ?This is a gaming forum not a chat room it's for discussing gaming content making friends and there is no reason to start groups of gay , Whyte , black etc we are gamers here and don't give a dam if your a goat as long as you enjoy gaming and having gay groups Whyte groups black groups etc is a very stupid and dangerous slide to be on.

 

This is just about the most offensive post I've read on this forum and I seriously hope a moderator comes down on you like a ton of bricks for it.  You've certainly reinforced the stereotype we have across the rest of the UK that Northern Ireland is a particularly homophobic and racist place to live.

 

For the record, the overwhelming majority of gay people don't "dance in the street wearing practically nothing sticking [their] tongues down each others throats", but if I was looking to witness such behaviour, I only need walk into any city centre at night and observe the dozens of heterosexual couples doing so in the vicinity of pubs and nightclubs.

 

And of course WHITE (note the correct spelling) gamers don't need to try and meet each other on the basis of their colour because white people are in the majority.  White is the default.  Minorities don't have this luxury, so it's hardly like some reverse apartheid is taking place.  People want to meet like-minded people with a similar identity and interests.  Get over it.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 214 (368 Views)
Level 1
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)

I still don't get it and maybe I'm  STILL missing something but why is it important to you guys to play with people of the same sexual orientaton? 

 

I think that stance is slightly small minded and just because someone has the same sexual preferences as you then they are 'more worthy' of gaming with.  They could just as likely be a total jerk.

 

When I'm playing BF3 (for example) i honestly couldn't give a stuff if the people in my squad fancy women / men as long as they are decent people.   

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 214 (355 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 6
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)


Kogia_breviceps wrote:
You don't have to go around shouting that you're straight, because that's what people assume

 

I have to keep yelling to people that I'm black because they assume I'm white. Has nearly gotten me stabbed a few times, though. Guess people haven't quite gotten to racial equality yet.

 


Kogia_breviceps wrote:
how much easier would it be if people stopped saying that and just asked 'are you with someone?' and gave no concern over the sex or sexuality.


It would be a lot easier but many blokes are preprogrammed by their mates and society to ask "have you got a girlfriend" so they don't sound like they are gay and interested in you. I use the terms "with someone" "partner" a lot even though I'm not gay and it has led many to believe I am simply for asking in that manner rather than genderizing the questions.

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 214 (345 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)


fauxtronic wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:
Yes I've held her hand in public But I have never danced in the street wearing practically nothing sticking my tongue down her throat and blowing kisses at everyone passing , it's called having respect for yourself and others around you. What's the next thread any Whyte gamers here like to join a group ? Other colours welcome as long as you don't mind playing with Whyte people ?This is a gaming forum not a chat room it's for discussing gaming content making friends and there is no reason to start groups of gay , Whyte , black etc we are gamers here and don't give a dam if your a goat as long as you enjoy gaming and having gay groups Whyte groups black groups etc is a very stupid and dangerous slide to be on.

 

This is just about the most offensive post I've read on this forum and I seriously hope a moderator comes down on you like a ton of bricks for it.  You've certainly reinforced the stereotype we have across the rest of the UK that Northern Ireland is a particularly homophobic and racist place to live.

 

For the record, the overwhelming majority of gay people don't "dance in the street wearing practically nothing sticking [their] tongues down each others throats", but if I was looking to witness such behaviour, I only need walk into any city centre at night and observe the dozens of heterosexual couples doing so in the vicinity of pubs and nightclubs.

 

And of course WHITE (note the correct spelling) gamers don't need to try and meet each other on the basis of their colour because white people are in the majority.  White ishe default.  Minorities don't have this luxury, so it's hardly like some reverse apartheid is taking place.  People want to meet like-minded people with a similar identity and interests.  Get over it.


If you read the thread you would see that gay pride was mentioned on a few occasions this was clearly what I was referring to,and No this is not the section of the forum for this thread .This part of the forum is for PS3 not for anything else and indeed general or even clans would be where it should be.Go make a Gay Clan and the problem is solved that way you can play with similar minded people as was stated,frankly the majority here dont care who we play with , as for my spelling well done Sherlock I also am unable to lay eggs.
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 214 (337 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)

Lets get this thread back on track eh!



 

1 - Saw this thread long ago and approved of it whole heartedly.



 

2 - What on Earth is wrong with any minority wanting to meet like minded people? As has already been pointed out if you're white and straight you pretty much don't have any worries, you won't get shouted at in the street and your every whim, need and want is catered for... now considering what any person of any colour can go through ( hell at times) or of any sexuality (also hell at times) is it any wonder they might seek like minded folks like themselves out?

 

I could go on and on but I am tired and others have made the point much better than I have!



 

3 - Whats next, a thread about how black history month is wrong? Or perhaps how the para-olympics just doesn't sit right with yourselves(s)?

 

 

4 - Sometimes I do wonder how we can show a white privileged person what its like but somehow I doubt you'd fancy going back a in time a few years and becoming a white farmer in Zimbabwe... pretty sure you'd want to meet like minded people then, or perhaps form an action or support group... but aren't those 'wrong?'

 

And finally...



 

5 - I don't think anyone intended offence on purpose, there is just a distinct lack of education or basic ignorance.

 

 

So....

 

No more comments from this point on of the type over the last couple of pages.

 

Users of these forums do not decide who or what is acceptable! I do. And in this thread  & on these forums and no matter what your colour, creed or sexuality you are accepted and most welcome here.

 

You can take that as an official Sony stance - I don't even need to go check this one with those upstairs.

 

Thanks all.

 

 

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 214 (329 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 8
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)


Wretched_Hawk wrote:

Lets get this thread back on track eh!



 

1 - Saw this thread long ago and approved of it whole heartedly.



 

2 - What on Earth is wrong with any minority wanting to meet like minded people? As has already been pointed out if you're white and straight you pretty much don't have any worries, you won't get shouted at in the street and your every whim, need and want is catered for... now considering what any person of any colour can go through ( hell at times) or of any sexuality (also hell at times) is it any wonder they might seek like minded folks like themselves out?

 

I could go on and on but I am tired and others have made the point much better than I have!



 

3 - Whats next, a thread about how black history month is wrong? Or perhaps how the para-olympics just doesn't sit right with yourselves(s)?

 

 

4 - Sometimes I do wonder how we can show a white privileged person what its like but somehow I doubt you'd fancy going back a in time a few years and becoming a white farmer in Zimbabwe... pretty sure you'd want to meet like minded people then, or perhaps form an action or support group... but aren't those 'wrong?'

 

And finally...



 

5 - I don't think anyone intended offence on purpose, there is just a distinct lack of education or basic ignorance.

 

 

So....

 

No more comments from this point on of the type over the last couple of pages.

 

Users of these forums do not decide who or what is acceptable! I do. And in this thread  & on these forums and no matter what your colour, creed or sexuality you are accepted and most welcome here.

 

You can take that as an official Sony stance - I don't even need to go check this one with those upstairs.

 

Thanks all.

 

 


 

The Hawk hath spoken! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 214 (321 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Member
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)

Hiya Wretched and nice to see an 'official Sony stance'.

 

I am curious though, if I was to start a thread on the General Discussion section looking exclusively for heterosexuals to game with, will this also be as 'whole heartily' supported?  

 

Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 214 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)

Holy poop balls has this thread taken a major swerve.

 

Banter = gone.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 214 (307 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 6
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)


Wales1234 wrote:

Hiya Wretched and nice to see an 'official Sony stance'.

 

I am curious though, if I was to start a thread on the General Discussion section looking exclusively for heterosexuals to game with, will this also be as 'whole heartily' supported?  

 

Thanks :smileyhappy:


 

Good question.

 

___________________________
PS4 Preordered - yipeeee!
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 214 (291 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 6
 

Re: Gaymers (and I'm not talking bout cider!)

You probably could create a thread seeking Heterosexual's for gaming if you wanted, Cos everyone here has a preference that he or she might prefer over someone elses; it's not wrong to prefer certain groups, but with the modern times we live in, it seems no one has the right to make a choice anymore cos, they're all dictated for us. 

It's good to be a Fanboy; when there's a great product behind your reason for being one.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 214 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos