28 Nov 2011
Playstation Staff

Gioteck EX-05 surround sound headphones any good?

16 Replies 1,976 Views Created 28-11-2011

Hello,

I have never been a fan of wearing headphones as I have never really needed them. Now recently I have only been able to get near my PS3 at night time. Meaning when people are in bed I have to lower my TV down witch really annoys me. So when I was out and about the other day I noticed in GameStation for £29.99.

The Gioteck EX-05 surround sound headphones. These can be used for Xbox 360, PS3, PC witch is perfect for me as all 3 are next to each other in my man cave. But are they any good? I can not find many reviews of them. The only ones I have found have been from customers from websites like play.com and amazon ect. All seem to praise these headphones. But am looking for a few more to make my mind up. Dose anyone here have these?

The wire dose not bother me since my I sit about 4ft away from my PC,360,PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (1,976 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Gioteck EX-05 surround sound headphones any good?

[ Edited ]

I want to know as well, but have been waiting for a US user.

These have only just been released.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (1,963 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I have had these headphones for about a week and they are truly amazing I am in the process of doing a review of them for my youtube channel and will hopefully be uploading the review very very soon.

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (1,958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

O its just that GameStation had them in last Friday. I thought they where old considering it said on the sticker £64.99 crossed out.

I see they have made a wireless version for £49 as well from the hut. If these are any good I would buy the wireless ones.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (1,956 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

teh-gamer wrote:

I have had these headphones for about a week and they are truly amazing I am in the process of doing a review of them for my youtube channel and will hopefully be uploading the review very very soon.

Nice one I will subscribe now. Witch ones did you buy if you don't mind me asking wireless or wired?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (1,952 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

How big is the Mixer/broadcaster box with the volume / controlls on it.

Thats what put me off when doing research on them, theres no controlls on the headset at all.

To mute the mic you have to get up and press the button on the transmiiter, that can't be right. I did think Gioteck had the wrong page on their web site.  

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (1,941 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

ocelot07 wrote:

teh-gamer wrote:

Nice one I will subscribe now. Witch ones did you buy if you don't mind me asking wireless or wired?

I brought the wired version as I couldn't afford the wireless one.

@Graphite GB: I don't know if the wireless one has the same setup as the wired version but the control biox on the wired one is on a lead that sits nicely on my lap when playing games and is easy to access the seperate volume controls for voice, game and mute.

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (1,930 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Ive seen the Wireless box in video but theres no frame of reference for size

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (1,922 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Review is uploaed can be found on my YouTube Channel,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (1,899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

@teh gamer

Well there are now 3 reviews on youtube including yours .

Did you use Eye create to Film yours as the audio is very low.

Only 1 review of the Wireless version still.

@ocelot

In one of the other reviews after he get over his nerves, he points out that the head set was only discounted in UK stores if you buy another Product with the headset in store, so add an extra £1 product to the sticker price.

Thats an old GAME small print. buy another product and get a discount.

But Its Discounted on online sites to the same price any way so its just a small print.  

Thats why they were able to cross out the higher price. 

So From the 3 reviews.

If you break Your Turtle beach P11 or PX21s or if you want to upgrade your Socom2 logitech Wired headsets to Game sounds, You can save a few quid and get these. 

And you wont care or notice any difference after long game play.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (1,873 Views)
0 Kudos