04 Feb 2010
Playstation Staff

Giving up a PSN Account

10 Replies 283 Views Created 04-02-2010

So I have had this account since I first got my 60gb playstation a couple of weeks after launch

I got a few trophies, quite repectable I think, but I have been hankering to change my account name and unlike XBL, we cant do this on PSN.

I just recently had another YLOD and despite backing up my account to the Hilt, (3 full back ups on 2 diff HDD's. I still managed to loose all my gamesaves).

So it was a good time to relect on my gaming achievments over the last cple of years, and decided to give up going for trophies as well as this account, and start anew.

I just havnt got the time to spend playing bad games in search of easy trophies, or using guides to find all the intel etc.

Not to say I didnt have fun along the way, the leap of the sofa excitment of finally getting that platinum on WAW, or my 10 x muliplier on SSHD

Some of the highlights were playing great games I never would have played if it wasnt for trohies. DeadSpace and Burnout were probably the best.

As for the worst well Alone in the Dark has to be up there, the Handyman Carnby trophy alone was a complete nightmare! I suspect it might have been playing through ghostbusters for a few easy trophies which finally finished me off.

Just thinking of the pile of games I could have played instead, a second run through on demon souls, (although now the save is lost grrr), Fable 2 still rapped and unopened. GTA, never completed. MGS4 never went through again as no trpohies.

I took one look at MAG, and decided against it, not because i didnt think it would be fun but because the trophies looked difficult.

So I am starting a new account, (and I am also off into town at lunch to buy MAG! :smileywink:

I have had a lot of fun with this account and got some of you on my friends list,

my new psn is TheDrift-

Feel free to me, I will still be hanging around here in my new guise!

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Giving up a PSN Account

i thought shaunwilko was alright........ seems a shame you will lose all them trophies you earned.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

stevewhu schreef:
i thought shaunwilko was alright........ seems a shame you will lose all them trophies you earned.

I agree.

I wouldn't want to lose my trophies for not liking my account name.

Are you sure you want to go through with it?

Nothing wrong with shaunwilko! Just stick with it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Oh bud thats a shame, are you not tempted to just carry on where you left off. Will be sad to say bye bye to those 10 lovely plats you got :Thumbs:
Beavis is da man Vote Stu for PM :Thumbs:
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

dwad69 wrote:
Oh bud thats a shame, are you not tempted to just carry on where you left off. Will be sad to say bye bye to those 10 lovely plats you got :Thumbs:

LOL a bit but really looking forward to MAG, and can put that copy of Fuel back on ebay lol, besides you were always just ahead of me on the trophies grrrr :Smile:

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

when i sighned up i wasnt paying attention and didnt realise that the user name would be my online name . my girfriend asked where my dog was ..Max. so i just put that it in LOL . i wish i could change my name now but its quite handy online people just call me max , despite my real name being Dan LOL ,its just a name mate i wouldnt worry think to much about it
Free Image Hosting

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im willing to chill and just play MAG for a while, to let you catch up big boy :Lol: Ah well I will add your new PSN tonight my man :Thumbs:
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Don't do it!
You'll probably regret it, I mean the name is fine :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The bonus is he can always sign back in as Mr Wilko, so he wont have lost much ah well *pours a beer on the floor for his fallen commrade*
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I bet the feature will come with premium PSN..

"Play you like a violin, I did."
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (171 Views)
0 Kudos