03 Jan 2012
By zinep
Playstation Staff

God of War 4 - Kratos returns?

13 Replies 839 Views Created 03-01-2012

I just stumbled across a blog which claimed to have "God of War 4 - Official Kratos's [sic] Returns Trailer [HD]".

Has anything like that actually been released?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (839 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: God of War 4 - Kratos returns?

[ Edited ]

dont know about a trailer but apparently some game music composer has put god of war 4 as an upcoming project on his CV or atleast thats whats been floating around a quite a few news sites

Edit: google found me a link to the CV story

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/03/composer-cv-lists-god-of-war-iv/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just seen Mr T getting some petrol. I pity the Fuel.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Nothing official has been confirmed or even hinted at. The blog you visited is talking out of it's backside.

As of now, all we have to go is that Santa Monica (the studio behind the game) is hiring devs for a new upcoming game. Which could be God of War 4. Or an entirely new game. That's all.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Nope nothing concrete yet but I think we all know deep down that Kratos isnt done yet.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (748 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Any new GOW game has my attention but this rumour even more so!

“Why is it hot? It’s bringing double Kratos to the series. GOW 4 was confirmed to PSM3 mid-2011 by a reliable source, and rumors point to a multiplayer twist. Mad idea? Online co-op with a (possibly) dead Kratos and (very) dead brother Deimos teaming up to escape the afterlife.” - PSM3

http://attackofthefanboy.com/featured/more-god-of-war-4-multiplayer-rumors-arise/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (743 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I can only imagine how beautiful God of War 4 will look....it's inevitable that it'll be pushing graphical boundaries once again for the PS3. God bless exclusives.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (737 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

So it seems that God of War 4 is CONFIRMED and Tyler Bates is the man behind the main musical score.

Another day 1 purchase. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (704 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

THE_FORCE wrote:

So it seems that God of War 4 is CONFIRMED and Tyler Bates is the man behind the main musical score.

Read the second post :smileywink: :smileytongue:

This is the second time the game has been confirmed by CV/job listing and there is an unannounced PS3 exclusive to be revealed in February. My guess is GOW IV.

The question is who/what/where/why? CV rumours suggest multiplayer or CO-OP modes and I think open world was maybe suggested as well. But Sony Santa Monica are working on more then one game so those could be Starhawk related, or one of the other projects they are working on.

Either way I cant wait to see what they do next, and as the trilogy came to an end, a new twist on the series would be a positive thing . 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (697 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I really should use this as the final push to crack on with the GOW Collection should I?!? lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (689 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

ytevo79 wrote:

THE_FORCE wrote:

Read the second post :smileywink: :smileytongue:

Read the news. :smileywink:

"Timothy Williams confirmed the listing as accurate to Joystiq and explained that he is, "working on it in the capacity of orchestrations and some additional music," but wanted to note that Tyler Bates is the "main composer" and should be listed as such. Bates had yet to return request for comment as of this update."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (684 Views)
0 Kudos