29 Nov 2009

Playstation Staff

Gun for PS3

14 Replies 14,625 Views Created 29-11-2009

Just want to know if there's gun for PS3 to use as I am finding it bit hard to use the controller for some war games and was trying to search online for gun accessory but there don't seem to be one.  Whether there will be later on or not, pls let me know

Much appreciate

Jo

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (14,625 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Gun for PS3

joey7070 wrote:

Just want to know if there's gun for PS3 to use as I am finding it bit hard to use the controller for some war games and was trying to search online for gun accessory but there don't seem to be one.  Whether there will be later on or not, pls let me know

Much appreciate

Jo

problem here is moste of us got a LCD tv... and gun + LCD is not a hit... as for the wii you need some sort of sensorbar..... theres only one game to date for the PS3 Time Crisis 4 but the Gun is silly... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (14,581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Hello Sir.

The standard Sixaixis/DS3 controller is pretty much the only device supported for the majority of shooters available on the PS3. Some games such as Time Crisis 4 (I think) allow you to use a gun, understandably, and others such as Unreal Tournament 3 support Keyboard & Mouse input.

But other than that, I'm not aware of any others which support such a feature.

Which games are you struggling with in particular?

Is it due to the controller being small or..? Maybe a controller which resembles the shape of the Xbox 360's might be of more use..

There could be something in the future with the motion controller that they're working on, but there's not a whole lot at the minute. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (14,582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

i got this one from Play-asia.com  but i still need to test it out... it got red laser Dot and pull back function :smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (14,574 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

it's for the modern warfare 2 and brothers in arms and any war games.  The one from asia....how much is it and where can i buy it from?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (14,539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

joey7070 wrote:
it's for the modern warfare 2 and brothers in arms and any war games.  The one from asia....how much is it and where can i buy it from?

you cant do that!! ONLY if the game supports light guns... and again theres ONLY 1 game out there to date that does that..... i got the gun couse there is many PS2 games that have this feature...

if you want keyboard and mouse for MW2 go with XIM for the ps3 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (14,526 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You could try one of these...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3cli.html 

A bit pricey at £60 though but it should work with all games. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (14,504 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Tex

Thanks for the info...what games on PS2 that can be played on PS3 that gun can be used?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (14,480 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

joey7070 wrote:

Tex

Thanks for the info...what games on PS2 that can be played on PS3 that gun can be used?

well at this point em at ... :smileyhappy: but my 60Gb ps3 has givin up the will to live so have not tested it out yet but im pretty sure all ps2 games that supports light gun will work on the ps3 ... but again the ps2 games has to support the ps3 60gb aswell...

i think theres like 15-20Games for the ps2 .. time Crisis series etc 

Message Edited by T-e-X on 29-11-2009 07:14 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (14,476 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm new at this forum but for the ps2 you can have call of duty games

:xLol:

DAFUQ
Please use plain text.