PS3 General

PS3 General

09 Jun 2008
By: cali_101 Member 16 Posts
Level 1

HDMI to DVI-D????

10 Replies 773 Views Created 09-06-2008
hi,

i just got an hdmi (ps3) to dvi-d (LCD computer screen).
however it doesn't display anything on the screen. i tried what it said in the manual (which is to press and hold the on button until it beeps (about 5 seconds), but then the screen just goes off and then back on again. do computer screens work on the ps3 or is it just tvs?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (773 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: HDMI to DVI-D????

Does your computer screen have HDCP?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (771 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yeah.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (766 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Can't see any problem then...

I had mine connected to my PC screen, and i din't have any probz 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (759 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Found this over at av forums  dunno if its any help mate

http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-267040.html

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

i have a hdmi to dvi cable. check all four settins under hdmi like 576p 720p 1080p 1080i and then do the test.i had the problem of unselecting one of the and the screen went black,but i could hear the manu etc. i got it to a demo and the demo would play and show up on the screen,but once id quit the demo the screen would be all black. it took awhile but i had to go to the online instructions and and see about the settins,like how many clicks i can hear from the bottom to display settings. then click four times etc. i had to listen to the sound of the menu and it took awhile to get my picture back.only problem is gta needs to have 720p i think it was uncheck or it will look zoomed x1.

when you do the test,wait the 30 seconds to see if a picture comes up first. then if it does hit finish.

Photobucket

[url=http://uk.playstation.com/psn/profile/timestoby/]

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (736 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

cali_101 wrote:
hi,

i just got an hdmi (ps3) to dvi-d (LCD computer screen).
however it doesn't display anything on the screen. i tried what it said in the manual (which is to press and hold the on button until it beeps (about 5 seconds), but then the screen just goes off and then back on again. do computer screens work on the ps3 or is it just tvs?

what monitor do you have???

my partners brother had same problem,brought is 40gb from cex for £300 (why i dont know told his mom you got ripped off,that was when it got dropped to £279 at shopto,play.com) dont want to worry you but after loads of investigating by me i found that it was his ps3!!!

tried his ps3 using another cable, same problem!!

tried his ps3 on my samsung hdtv, same problem!!

tried my ps3 on his monitor it worked!!!

so it was his ps3, rang sony and they replaced it no problem, and they sent him what looked like a new 40gb ps3.

good really because the ps3 he had from cex, looked like kevin pieterson decided to play twenty20 cricket with it!!!

my advise to you try your ps3 on another tv if possible with the same cable, could be your monitor is unsuitable just trying to nullify every possible prob for you!!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (732 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

hmmmmmm.... maybe it's not hdcp, but i thought it was..... now when i turn on the ps3, it comes up with: "an available hdmi device has been detected. would you like to use it for video and audio output?"

when i press yes the screen is still blank but the light is on to show that its connected to something.

its a Hanns i-inc CY199 lcd monitor. (not sure about the Hanns part though.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (715 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

cali_101 wrote:
hmmmmmm.... maybe it's not hdcp, but i thought it was..... now when i turn on the ps3, it comes up with: "an available hdmi device has been detected. would you like to use it for video and audio output?"

when i press yes the screen is still blank but the light is on to show that its connected to something.

its a Hanns i-inc CY199 lcd monitor. (not sure about the Hanns part though.
looks like it aint hdcp compatible mate, ive googled it and think its just a normal pc monitor without hdcp!! aint you got an hdtv you can try it on??
the ps3 i mean 
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (688 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yeah but the HD tv isn't mine :smileysad:  I'm saving up for one though!!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (529 Views)
0 Kudos