28 Oct 2011

Playstation Staff

HMZ T1 Personal 3D Viewer

6 Replies 1,249 Views Created 28-10-2011

been on sony.com for days and hours now just to check if there are any updates.... cant wait when it arrives in EU.

It's supposed to be released in States in about a week (if no delayes are occouring) so im thinking about importing but the major question would lead...

States power standards at 60hz while EU goes with 50hz so i wonder it these would work in EU anyway ?

Or would there be any risks (damaging) that can occour with 10hz diff in powersupply ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (1,249 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: HMZ T1 Personal 3D Viewer

I believe the hmz t1 will be in the uk, bout December 8th, cant wait to see it for myself, not sure about the power difference, should be compatable, seem a little bit pricey though. Some good offers on decent 3d tv at this time of year leading up to Crimbo 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (1,195 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I chatted with a Sony reseller and according to him (just a guess / rumour) the visor will be cheaper than we all know today. Sony's own price on official site is about 840 € but he belived it will be available for less than 700 €. He also showed a TV they sell for 1400€ but on sonys site it is available for approx. 2800€.

I dont want to give false hopes but it seems promising. He also mentioned about release date... and if to belive him it will be available in EU somewhere in mid october with reservations for delays.

Who knows, maybe he knows what his talking about...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (1,066 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

why not just get a 3d tv, ive used this type of vr tech before and it ca really strain your eyes badly, the screens being that close to your eyes is not good for you at all,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (1,061 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Well everyone is different and use things for different reasons in different ways..

My personal goal is to get "closer" to games without being distracted by surroundings at home. Another reason is that 3D tv is not so ultimate to use when room is bright. Ex lamps on or sun shining in.. its like using projector. It works but visibility suffers a bit.
When i was over to Sony reseller i had chance to test 3 tv with 3D and i tested out Crysis 2 and i really loved 3D experience.
Only downfall was as mentioned above, bright lights which for some reason decreased 3D experience. He said that this can occour and i accept it.
So i lay my hope for Visor since it should close out distractions such as lights and girlfriend :smileytongue:

Also crossfading will disappear, but as tested with 3D tv, i have never experienced crossing in anyway.
When it comes to health, well the air we are breathing is not good for us either with all particles in the air. im not bothered by that at all, i believe in sony and believe they have done enough to make visor as harmless as possible for our eyes.

But who knows, maybe its an flop in every way and not at all what we expect, at least we need to test it to be sure :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (1,057 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I think till you get one of these things on your head, set up right and then GT5, MW3 or Uncharted 3 slotted into a machine with pad in hand, then judgement can be made. I hope retailers have the sense to do this rather than having crappy demo discs, have been round many a store looking at 3d tv's telling these people to have a ps3 set up for this reason!!!!!. What sort of price do you all think we'll be able to get these for after launch, from 3rd party retailers???  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

The future....today :smileyvery-happy: I wouldn't mind trying one of these but they haven't any in the stores yet to demo. If you get it let us know how it is :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (925 Views)
0 Kudos