PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

Level 1

Re: HOME - Region Locked

[ Edited ]

yeh i get that but just give me the choice to go to usa or japan or europe when i want right?

your telling me tht is IMPOSSIBLE to do on ps3?

i know pc games do it lol

i would like to spend most of my time in usa you know its all about movies and stuff? the films are out in isa 6 months before us and they spend lots of money on advertising for the uk release and they dont want europe to have seen the ads early

you think im some kinda ludite who you know wont find out about whats going on in usa?

i have the internet *****! thats the whole point of internet is information!

you cant restrict me or what i see

oh also! if you have a usa account on your ps3 you can use usa home right? 

Message Edited by FiReTiGeR2K on 19-07-2008 01:43 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 116 (1,473 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

FiReTiGeR2K wrote:

yeh i get that but just give me the choice to go to usa or japan or europe when i want right?

i would like to spend most of my time in usa  you know its all about movies and stuff? the films are out in isa 6 months before us and they spend lots of money on advertising for the uk release and they dont want europe to have seen the ads early

well, you can still talk to your american friends and invite them to your private space. the advertising thing is more about products that dont apply to the euro market for america and vice versa, like why should the NFL pay to show adverts to the whole of europe when they only want to target the american demographics to promote the superbowl for example.

(edit) about using USA home, im not sure that would work, because im guessing theyre IP scanning now to lock things, which is why we cant browse the video store.

what i would ask is if they couldnt use IP tracing to target advertising and try to have seperate areas for different languages, but im not sure how easy or even legal it would be

Message Edited by Radman1990 on 19-07-2008 01:46 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 116 (1,470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yeh but if i want to see the ads isnt that better?

surely locking all of europe out is just .. its just worng business!

screw the apartment anyway!

teh whole home experiance is online communication and socialing! thats the point!!!

going to events or playing social games or watching the newest trailers with yoru friends!

thats what its does!!! thats what home is supposed to be about!

and none of those features are available in the apartment :smileysurprised: 

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 116 (1,465 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I guess it might solve some language problems?
"we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 116 (1,462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

zyxses wrote:
I guess it might solve some language problems?
Yeah ok, but in Europe we have so many languages so...lol
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 116 (1,455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

how is that a "big blow" for playstation users, rofl.

Personally im extremely happy that those american arseholes can't trash talk to us on home.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sig courtesy of ninjaowen
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 116 (1,449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Radman1990 wrote:

FiReTiGeR2K wrote:

i would like to spend most of my time in usa  you know its all about movies and stuff? the films are out in isa 6 months before us and they spend lots of money on advertising for the uk release and they dont want europe to have seen the ads early

well, you can still talk to your american friends and invite them to your private space. the advertising thing is more about products that dont apply to the euro market for america and vice versa, like why should the NFL pay to show adverts to the whole of europe when they only want to target the american demographics to promote the superbowl for example.

(edit) about using USA home, im not sure that would work, because im guessing theyre IP scanning now to lock things, which is why we cant browse the video store.

what i would ask is if they couldnt use IP tracing to target advertising and try to have seperate areas for different languages, but im not sure how easy or even legal it would be

Message Edited by Radman1990 on 19-07-2008 01:46 AM

it's not only legal it's very possible.

plenty of websites detect your ip and give you ads for your specific region.

it would be easy to control ads for different players depending on where they are.

anyway, the ads arent the problem.

the problem is like i pointed out in my post a page or so back, the spaces are different the us spaces looking grander than the eu ones for example.

and what about when the us get's new in home games but we dont get them for the eu version?  (dont say it will never happen because quite clearly it's a distinct possibility.

what if they add a poker game but they only let the us have it?

would that be ok? 

--------------------------------------
main psn id TheDragonRider

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=611&thread.id=2918&view=by_...

david reeves
"the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games."

some ps3 owners have a track record of being sycophantic fanboys
| Playstation forum thread | Original article | Notepad file containing HTML code for sig' |
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 116 (1,438 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

Couldn't Sony lock the 'default' public spaces we arrived in for home to our region, but then also give us an 'international' space to visit?

If too many users went into the 'international' space and made it unusable due to lag issues etc, most users would gravitate back to the 'default'/region specific areas.

That in turn would make the 'international' area more stable, due to less people.

Advertisements and content would have to be limited to the 'default'/region spaces, leaving the 'international' area either devoid of adverts or limited to global brands like 'Coca-Cola' or 'Nike' or whatever.

Just a thought...

Message Edited by Starfuryalpha on 19-07-2008 03:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 116 (1,430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Starfuryalpha wrote:

Couldn't Sony lock the 'default' public spaces we arrived in for home to our region, but then also give us an 'international' space to visit?

If too many users went into the 'international' space and made it unusable due to lag issues etc, most users would gravitate back to the 'default'/region specific areas.

That in turn would make the 'international' area more stable, due to less people.

Advertisements and content would have to be limited to the 'default'/region spaces, leaving the 'international' area either devoid of adverts or limited to global brands like 'Coca-Cola' or 'Nike' or whatever.

Just a thought...

Message Edited by Starfuryalpha on 19-07-2008 03:07 PM

the thing is the lag excuse isnt valid.

home wont be like an mmo with thousands of people in each world, they've stated that each space will allow about sixty people at a time, if more people want to go to a certain space then they'll go to a duplicate space, so lag wont ever be a problem  due to overcrowding.

this region locking thing is bad enough but on top of that we wont even be getting the same spaces.

that ridiculous.

i understand why they want to make sure ads go to the right people but we know they can change what we see on their online service depedning on what region we're in, the fact the video store doesnt even show up if you're outside the us is proof of that.

they cant add a simple routine that checks where your ip address is located and assigns ads depending on your region?

and as somebody said, this whole region locking crap goes right against the idea of home in the first place. 

why not just give each user a little room that they cant get out of, dont do things by half take the philosophy behind this crap to the ultimate level and turn it into wome orwellian nightmare.

but then when scee are involved, even doing things by half is far too much to expect. 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=611&thread.id=2918&view=by_...

david reeves
"the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games."

| Playstation forum thread | Original article | Notepad file containing HTML code for sig' |
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 116 (1,414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

what, were they hoping we'd forget about this?

that we'd just not care that a project being made here in the uk will give european users than shaft once again?

how can scee be allowed to continually pull this crap?

they're the one's making it and they deliberatly chose to give us a lesser version.

that to me is absolutely pathetic.

how can somebody keep their job when they disrespect their customers like that time and time again?

the other other place you could be this useless and still keep your job is politics, and god help us if reeves ever gets elected anywhere he can really affect peoples lives.

david reeves

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 116 (1,398 Views)
0 Kudos