Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Have you had a refurbished PS3?

Can you still collect trophies on the games you had on the original PS3? I've not been able to experience this yet because of the freezing issue, I've got trophies I already got even after sync with server.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 41 (414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

My refurb is almost 7 months old, never had a problem with it and it's quieter than the original one. I was very glad I took out Cont Play when my original 60gb popped last year after 2.5 years of service...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 41 (406 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

flowrider wrote:

I am on my first refurb machine my original launch day 60Gb died from a power supply failure so sony replaced it like for like free of charge with a refurb unit. It has worked perfectly now for a little longer than a year apart from leap year day thing. However as others have said i did notice the cooling fans do seem to come on more often and are louder than i remember my original being. I thought maybe this was because it was winter and the house is warmer with my heating being on constantly but it seems to be the case all year round. I dont know much about protected saves but if you upgrade your hard drive and your PS3 fails surely when it goes back to SONY you can remove YOUR hard drive and put the original back in and then put your upgrade drive with all your saves etc on it into your replacement machine? would this solve this issue?

Sadly not - the PS3 will format the HDD unless it's replaced into the same machine you took it out of. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 41 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Mate, 4 replacements in 3 years. The last one has lasted 2 weeks.

The quality of refurb must be getting worse.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 41 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

i have a refurbed 120gb slim, had it for a year now and runs like a dream, fans get a bit loud but thats about it.

ive had 4 ps3's now and never seen the yellow light, only had that 1 system fail and it was the bluray drive that cacked it.

i was considering trading it for a brand new slim but the system they gave me is a european model will gamestation etc still trade those?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 41 (225 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

first ps3 i got on launch day lasted over 12 months then it stopped reading disks, got a 60 gig refurb replacement which lasted about 6 months then got the ylod now using a 250 gig slim

just realised i posted on page 2 of this thread about not having any problems with refurb lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 41 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

No problems in over 2 years.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 41 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Had 4 refurbs, first 3 only lasted a total of 5 mnths between them!!!!!

That said, number 4 is going strong (over 6 mnths now)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 41 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I had three refurbished ps3s, the first got YLOD after 2 months, the 2nd got YLOD fter 2 months and with the third the blu ray drive broke after 2 months. I gave up and bought a slim which i believe is 2 yrs old.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 41 (191 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My PS3 stopped reading disks 5 months ago. I paid the A$250 and since then I've had 3 refurbs die (YLOD). The original lasted ok, but these refurbs are hopeless, will be asking for my money back come morning.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 41 (165 Views)
0 Kudos