Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: How The Playstation 3 can win the console war

cool9911 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

so your saying the xbox gives FREE music vids 

so your saying the xbox gives BBC IPLAYER 

well it dosent i'v tried to find them and i can't any where as i was sending this message i searched for the second time . Nothing

Have to be gold but that cheap enough to have video access

BBCi player is free  by law!

If you want free online fine Ps3 is great also has great games but as I gamer I find both 360 and ps3 great console they both have things the others do not.

i know the BBC iplayer is free thats not what i meant , you obviously misunderstood what i typed 

and i too enjoy the features of both consoles , i just enjoy PS3 features more and therefore in my opinion the PS3 is slightly better 

Right yes BBCi Player is on 360

Not knocking opinion I just enjoy gaming best off all worlds

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 121 of 133 (151 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Cool9911, I doubt many consoles these days can last 6 or more years. You state that the 360 is the only console this gen that will not last at all. PS3 still have some reliability issues with either YLOD or Blu-ray drive errors. The reliability has improved with the PS3 slims but problems still exist. I replaced the laser on my 60gb PS3 and yet to have problems with my FF13 Lightning Edition PS3 Slim. I did replace my original 360 with the 3 year warranty with Microsoft. It took less than a week for the free replacement. I now also have the MW3 Limited Edition 360. I also have the Wii which is hardly used for the last 2 years which still works lol. I had many problems with original PS2. I replaced the laser 3 times before I bought a silver PS2 slim. The last time I remembered true reliability on consoles were the 8 and 16 bit days. My NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive still works today. Almost forgot the N64 was also reliable lol.
0 Kudos
Message 122 of 133 (149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

cool9911 wrote:

snip

Well this is what you posted.." think about all the things that the ps3 has got that others dont! " Then placed BBC iplayer.?

CrustyJockStrap then explained that in fact BBC iplayer is on other systems?( 360 )

In which you then asked " so your saying the xbox gives BBC IPLAYER " CrustyJockStrap answered saying that BBC iplayer is free by law? and shown that in fact it's on 360 as we speak?

So how has he " obviously misunderstood what you typed " ? Or better still what part of the BBC iplayer being free on other formats ( 360 ) do you not understand?

0 Kudos
Message 123 of 133 (134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

snip

Well this is what you posted.." think about all the things that the ps3 has got that others dont! " Then placed BBC iplayer.?

CrustyJockStrap then explained that in fact BBC iplayer is on other systems?( 360 )

In which you then asked " so your saying the xbox gives BBC IPLAYER " CrustyJockStrap answered saying that BBC iplayer is free by law? and shown that in fact it's on 360 as we speak?

So how has he " obviously misunderstood what you typed " ? Or better still what part of the BBC iplayer being free on other formats ( 360 ) do you not understand?

(sigh)wat i meant by that was that he had stated that you get bbc iplayer for free by law and i never said you couldnt , i said you couldnt get it on other consoles,jesus.

0 Kudos
Message 124 of 133 (127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

rider1 wrote:
Cool9911, I doubt many consoles these days can last 6 or more years. You state that the 360 is the only console this gen that will not last at all. PS3 still have some reliability issues with either YLOD or Blu-ray drive errors. The reliability has improved with the PS3 slims but problems still exist. I replaced the laser on my 60gb PS3 and yet to have problems with my FF13 Lightning Edition PS3 Slim. I did replace my original 360 with the 3 year warranty with Microsoft. It took less than a week for the free replacement. I now also have the MW3 Limited Edition 360. I also have the Wii which is hardly used for the last 2 years which still works lol. I had many problems with original PS2. I replaced the laser 3 times before I bought a silver PS2 slim. The last time I remembered true reliability on consoles were the 8 and 16 bit days. My NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive still works today. Almost forgot the N64 was also reliable lol.

no i didnt i just said it probably couldnt last for 6 years i said it couldnt not it was the only one that couldnt

0 Kudos
Message 125 of 133 (125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

cool9911 wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

snip

(sigh)wat i meant by that was that he had stated that you get bbc iplayer for free by law and i never said you couldnt , i said you couldnt get it on other consoles,jesus.

you can

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 126 of 133 (123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

cool9911 wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

snip

lol.

As Crusty explained.  You can get BBC iplayer on other consoles ( on xbox 360 ) so he didn't misunderstand you whatsoever did he. :Stupid:

In fact he was just pointing out what you said was incorrect. Then stated why. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2012/03/bbc_iplayer_xbox_360.html

Users of Sony Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, and the Xbox 360 all have access to the BBC programmes they know and love for free, using BBC iPlayer

0 Kudos
Message 127 of 133 (115 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

And what about the Internet Browser On the PS3 that hasnt been tackled and still has issues on Youtube despite an update. If you have the browser on the PS3 perform  close to flawless and allow it to access more websites then thats a big plus.

Also Sony should start by allowing certain friendly programs on the internet like software, not to mention other types of suitable applications  that could give the PS3 a massive advantage over the Xbox 360 by allowing friendly applications to run and be installed  on the PS3 being after downloaded of the browser.

Things like Word Processors, graphics editing software and not to mention other great programs that could open the PS3 to a world of potential. It would also allow people to get full use of the PS3's hardware

That would cause there rivals all kinds of problems

PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
0 Kudos
Message 128 of 133 (93 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

gazberotten wrote:

And what about the Internet Browser On the PS3 that hasnt been tackled and still has issues on Youtube despite an update. If you have the browser on the PS3 perform  close to flawless and allow it to access more websites then thats a big plus.

Also Sony should start by allowing certain friendly programs on the internet like software, not to mention other types of suitable applications  that could give the PS3 a massive advantage over the Xbox 360 by allowing friendly applications to run and be installed  on the PS3 being after downloaded of the browser.

Things like Word Processors, graphics editing software and not to mention other great programs that could open the PS3 to a world of potential. It would also allow people to get full use of the PS3's hardware

That would cause there rivals all kinds of problems

Or how about removing the Browser once and for all. Free up other PS3 resources which in turn could make gaming better for all of us?

What i'm pointing out is you can't please everyone, and everyone want's something different to another person 90% of the time.

0 Kudos
Message 129 of 133 (89 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

So your saying remove another unique feature which in turn will generate more complaints and risk angering more of the PS3 userbase?

I seriously doubht sony would be stupid enough to do that

PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
0 Kudos
Message 130 of 133 (86 Views)
0 Kudos