14 Jun 2010
Playstation Staff

How do i deactivate my psn account?

8 Replies 3,524 Views Created 15-06-2010

im trading in my 60gb (back compatiable for £142) tomorrow and gonna buy a slim, however i think that im reaching my 5 PSN account limit cause my ps3's have kept breaking and this is the first time that i have deactivated an account.

how do i wipe my psn account off my ps3 but not delete it completely so i can log back in on a slim like a hour later?

will i still be able to earn trophies in my existing games because i heard if you logg into another ps3 it says in the cornor "you did not earn this trohpy"

thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (3,524 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: How do i deactivate my psn account?

[ Edited ]

First things first, press Triangle on Trophy Collection and select Sync With Server so you don't lose them.

To deactivate, while on the PS3, go to Account Management -> System Activation -> PS3 System

To delete your account from the PS3, go to Users on the far left side of the XMB and delete the user your PSN ID is attatched to. (also, don't forget to copy any game saves you want to keep to a USB device before you do this)

You can still earn trophies when you're on your new PS3. You won't earn trophies if you use game saves that aren't yours, though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (3,523 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

"You can still earn trophies when you're on your new PS3. You won't earn trophies if you use game saves that aren't yours, though." if i put my gamesaves on to a thumb usb drive and copy them over will i still earn trophies?? how will the ps3 know that them saves have come from my old ps3?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (3,519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

So long as you use the same PSN ID, you'll be fine using your saves.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (3,516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

and finally will i be ok with downloadable games becasue arnt they tied to the user on the ps3 and not the psn accoutn, theres that litter bracketed message saying if the user is deleted you will no longer be able to play those games
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (3,513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Downloaded games are tied to your PSN account, what that message means is that if you delete the user on the system that's tied to the PSN account that owns the game, then it will not let you play the game because there's no longer a connection with the PSN account that purchased it. Just redownload the games from your download list on your new console.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (3,475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

joseph12011993 wrote:
"You can still earn trophies when you're on your new PS3. You won't earn trophies if you use game saves that aren't yours, though." if i put my gamesaves on to a thumb usb drive and copy them over will i still earn trophies?? how will the ps3 know that them saves have come from my old ps3?

depends how the save works . alot of the saves are bundled into a folder when moved to usb drive . on a number of occasions, it is nothing more than a simple file that can be deleted. there are a number of trophy cheating game saves on the net which you can quite happily delete the extra file, play the game and the machine will generate a new one with you id .

there is a game save on the net with uncharted 2 on crushing at the final save point . if you delete the id file you can bag the gold crushing trophy in a few minutes . havent tried it my self though 

Free Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (3,403 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am selling my 80 gb ps3 on ebay the person buying it wants the rock band songs from my ps3 account which is fine my question is do i deactivate the system first give it to him and then give him my sign in id info or just leave it as is also i am buying a ps3 slim but i want to get the stuff i bought back but i think im close to 5 accounts because ive done gameshares with other people can i get the other people to deactivate there system from my account but they still kepp my downloaded content how does that work

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (3,069 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

well thats what happens when u game share its not allowed its against the rules m8 id advise u to contact everyone who u have acctivated your account with and ask them to delete your account if not and sony find out u will more than likely b banned loosing everything u have achieved

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (3,065 Views)
0 Kudos