09 Dec 2011

Playstation Staff

How do you connect your Iphone 4 to your PS3 (slim)?

4 Replies 38,749 Views Created 09-12-2011

I will not be needing to transfer files or anything. I only want to use it for music purchases so I can listen to music on my surround sound speakers. I will go to my music on my iphone 4 and listen to it through the PS3. Any suggestions? When I connected my Iphone 4 to the PS3 I got nothing. Thank you for any help you can give me.

-BKEsouthpaw

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (38,749 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: How do you connect your Iphone 4 to your PS3 (slim)?

[ Edited ]

The PS3 doesn't have iPhone dock functionality, nor is it possible to transfer songs from an iDevice to the PS3 because of the way the music is stored on those devices. You have a few options:

• If your music isn't copy-protected you can copy it onto a USB stick or external hard drive and transfer the music to your PS3
  • You could use media straming software such as PS3 Media Server or Tversity to stream the music from your PC/Mac to your PS3
  • If your iPhone is jailbroken you could use something like this to stream it from your iPhone to your PS3

...or you could just grab one of these and plug your phone straight into your amplifier.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (38,733 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

If you have a old skool iPod you can enable it for Disk Use and use as a USB device (similar to what Chimp suggested )
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (38,728 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you for your feedback!!!! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (38,678 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

only usb devices that support mass storage will work (fat 32) . the ipod is setup to transfer from itunes only using apple code , so it wont work
Free Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (38,662 Views)
0 Kudos