PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

Reply
Level 7
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC


JasonVoorheesX_X wrote:

im on it all i'm getting is it telling me you Deactivate using the ps3's.



On Qriocity website, sign in, select the Account panel at the top, then Media & Devices on the left and then 'Game' in the boxes.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 95 (1,398 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 9
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC

[ Edited ]

 

JasonVoorheesX_X wrote:

im on it all i'm getting is it telling me you Deactivate using the ps3's.

 


Kermit1970 wrote:
Won't deactive. Tells me the XMB way

 

Its the OP' instructions there not quite clear.

 

After you have signed into the website click the ''Account'' tab then go to ''Media and Devices'' on the left hand list. There are 4 boxes click the little drop down arrow on the ''Game'' box which will present you with the option to deactivate ALL PS3 systems :smileywink:

 

Then just start your PS3 and reactivate it in account management.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 95 (1,398 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC

[ Edited ]

Perhaps letting us see at least the date of activation for the current devices would have been enough to know what we are deactivating but, no, things can never be simple with Sony.

 

Also, if I understand what people are saying, to deactivate a broken PS3 you must deactivate everything and then re-activate your working PS3 and you can do this only once in 6 months. User-friendly... not!

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 95 (1,394 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 9
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC

[ Edited ]

Account > Media and Devices > Game :smileywink:

 

Capture.JPG

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 95 (1,392 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 9
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC


andyrome64 wrote:

Perhaps letting us see at least the date of activation for the current devices would have been enough to know what we are deactivating but, no, things can never be simple with Sony.

 


 

 

Its hardly a chore to just deactive the lot then reactivate the one(s) that are working.

 

Well I'm happy now my dead 40gigger is now resting in peace :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 95 (1,385 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC

Awesome, I can finally deactivate my old broken ps3's. Too bad it comes at this cost, but I'm fairly happy I don't have to contact customer services over this. Some of the guys working in the Dutch CS are really douchebags. Can't speak for all of them, but everytime i've been in contact they've been less then customer friendly. So kudo's!
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 95 (1,356 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Member
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC

cheers dude.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 95 (1,332 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC


Farscape247 wrote:

 you can deactivate all devices once every 6 months.



This is deeply worrying...

 

Being with CP i have 60gb refurbs - Last year i had to have 2 machines in 3 days sent out because they had issue's.

 

Thankfully, i was able to de-activate one of them.

 

I'm sorry.But this has made me very wary of buying anything else from the store.And being a heavy user of said store,this is a bit gutting.

 

And this is kick in the teeth for those with more than 2 machines.If they can only do thios every 6 months.

 

On the flip side,it will thankfully stop game sharing - But its hitting honest users as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 95 (1,323 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 7
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC


xx_Tooms109_xx wrote:

Farscape247 wrote:

 you can deactivate all devices once every 6 months.



This is deeply worrying...

 

Being with CP i have 60gb refurbs - Last year i had to have 2 machines in 3 days sent out because they had issue's.

 

Thankfully, i was able to de-activate one of them.

 

I'm sorry.But this has made me very wary of buying anything else from the store.And being a heavy user of said store,this is a bit gutting.

 

And this is kick in the teeth for those with more than 2 machines.If they can only do thios every 6 months.

 

On the flip side,it will thankfully stop game sharing - But its hitting honest users as well.


 

You can still deactivate from the machines themselves as often as you like (as long as they are working). It's only the 'deactivate all' via the website that's restricted to every 6 months.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 95 (1,296 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 

Re: How to deactivate PS3 and PSP via PC


Iyonix wrote:



 

You can still deactivate from the machines themselves as often as you like (as long as they are working). It's only the 'deactivate all' via the website that's restricted to every 6 months.



Thats the problem though mate.

 

Everybody knows,that when 60gbs fail,its usually with YLOD making it impossible to de-activate.And my only route will be this website.

 

I would buy a slim,but i cant.For one i cant afford one ....And 2,there is a chance i could lose my job in the very near future due to the current climate...(i'm not at work now...Because there isnt any)

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 95 (1,290 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos