14 Jan 2011
Playstation Staff

How to report people with hacked PS3's?

28 Replies 3,083 Views Created 14-01-2011

As the title says, how do we report people?

I added someone a while ago from playing Need For Speed HP and I just saw him using 'Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager' 

After a quick google I found it to be a homebrew application for moving files.

The official grief reporting page doesn't really cater for this! And yes the person will be blocked and deleted as soon as I have reported him.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29 (3,083 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: How to report people with hacked PS3's?

https://secure.eu.playstation.com/ps3/support/grief-reporting/

The options don't really cater for hacking though...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29 (3,061 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah done that but as you say it dunt really cover it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29 (2,980 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

why the heck would you want to report him i mean you dont have any proof that he is using it for game copying. even if he does.....who cares. i dont like piracy since we must support the developers, but on the other hand the ps3 games are so freakin overpriced. i mean really jailbreak is out and there is nothing you can do about it except to whine about everyone that has some 3rd party apps on his ps3? what did sony ever done for you (except maybe fix a ylod for 150 which broke down again ofcorse) to deserve support in the form of reporting such people. i will start doing this when they start offering free warranty or free ps plus membership if you report a person. untill then who cares. i cant even believe you want to help them after the poor support they offer to their costumers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29 (2,855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

RackoSLO wrote:

why the heck would you want to report him i mean you dont have any proof that he is using it for game copying. even if he does.....who cares. i dont like piracy since we must support the developers, but on the other hand the ps3 games are so freakin overpriced. i mean really jailbreak is out and there is nothing you can do about it except to whine about everyone that has some 3rd party apps on his ps3? what did sony ever done for you (except maybe fix a ylod for 150 which broke down again ofcorse) to deserve support in the form of reporting such people. i will start doing this when they start offering free warranty or free ps plus membership if you report a person. untill then who cares. i cant even believe you want to help them after the poor support they offer to their costumers.

Xbot.

Why should Sony offer a free warranty for someone who reports a cheater? Or offer free PSN+ for that matter. What's wrong with Sony's support? :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29 (2,849 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

RackoSLO wrote:

If people think games are expensive they should get a new hobby, don't live outside your means simple really!

And why would I want to report people.... Pretty simple too, I want to be able to play the games that I have paid for safe in the knowledge that some cheap skate is not going to ruin it with some hacked game saves.

I also don't like the fact that I have worked hard to be able to finance my video game hobby while others will be getting it free. Check the list of games on my trophy list, 98% of the games bought myself and the other presents.

And one other point...piracy is stealing, if you saw someone stealing something would you try and stop them or report them? Actually don't answer that...your avatar says it all! :xLol:

I'm sure that the majority of people on these forums will agree with me on those points.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29 (2,825 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

xbot? if i understand u corectly you mean an xbox fan? just for your information (sorry if i understood xbot wrong then dont botter this) i have never owned or intend to own an xbox. it is a good console, they both are. but for gods sake its a console not something to fight about. it is a piece of electronics. some people like apples more than wattermelons. that doesnt mean they are apple-fans it is just a personal taste if you know what i mean.

and yes sony service is very poor. at least in my experience and i believe many people on this forums would aggre with me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29 (2,821 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

smell_ya_l8r wrote:

RackoSLO wrote:

If people think games are expensive they should get a new hobby, don't live outside your means simple really!

And why would I want to report people.... Pretty simple too, I want to be able to play the games that I have paid for safe in the knowledge that some cheap skate is not going to ruin it with some hacked game saves.

I also don't like the fact that I have worked hard to be able to finance my video game hobby while others will be getting it free. Check the list of games on my trophy list, 98% of the games bought myself and the other presents.

And one other point...piracy is stealing, if you saw someone stealing something would you try and stop them or report them? Actually don't answer that...your avatar says it all! :xLol:

I'm sure that the majority of people on these forums will agree with me on those points.

look i am not here to argue. and i didnt say i am not against piracy. but if you can see that he has some 3rd party programs believe me that sony can also. so if it was harmfull they would took it to consideration and ban him. and why the heck are you beeing rude and judging me by the avatar if i have a pic of 50 cent? did i go babling about how you are a serial killer since u got kratos?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29 (2,807 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

RackoSLO wrote:

xbot? if i understand u corectly you mean an xbox fan? just for your information (sorry if i understood xbot wrong then dont botter this) i have never owned or intend to own an xbox. it is a good console, they both are. but for gods sake its a console not something to fight about. it is a piece of electronics. some people like apples more than wattermelons. that doesnt mean they are apple-fans it is just a personal taste if you know what i mean.

and yes sony service is very poor. at least in my experience and i believe many people on this forums would aggre with me.

Correct.

And a lot of people would disagree and say the service is more than adequate. 

The way your first post in this thread was worded, it seems that you don't care if piracy hits the PS3 big time and you're not bothered that people are abusing the console by installing homebrew and such.

Tbh, this has been debated to death recently and there's way to many posts on it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29 (2,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The thing is, these consoles will get banned anyway. Seeing as you see them using homebrew, Sony will see it too and it'll be logged. So I expect a mass console ban in a few weeks.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29 (2,797 Views)
0 Kudos