16 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

I need to man up and start playing scary games

21 Replies 303 Views Created 16-07-2012
I never hear bad things about scary games I'm just to soft to play them and I'm 18!!! And never started one.
Sorry if my spelling/grammar is poor. I struggle to put my thoughts onto paper I'm a way that makes sense sometimes.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: I need to man up and start playing scary games

I was 17 when i played Dead Space and it took me about a year to complete it because it scared me lol im 20 now and i finished Dead Space 2 a few weeks ago, its awesome

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

So you would reccomend it?
Sorry if my spelling/grammar is poor. I struggle to put my thoughts onto paper I'm a way that makes sense sometimes.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would definitely recommend Dead Space 2, i prefered it over Dead Space 1 because 2 has more set piece moments and action compared to 1 which was all about the scares

Shopto.net are selling Dead Space 2 for £11.86 so now is a great time to pick it up

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3DE25-Dead%20Space%202%20Platinum.html

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Tootell_x wrote:

Yep!

Start with deadspace one though...

Just think of the neromorphs as veg you're chopping up for your tea :smileylol: (might make it less scary for you?)

Edit:

Sorry must of posted around the same time as groundbreaker..

Actually i suppose if you think you might get too scared, i could break my rule and say DS2..Only if you really think you'll scare that easily, as DS2 is more action and less scare. :smileywink:

But Hey you want to deep your toe in the 'horror' pool, so...? plus you might like it and then the story wouldn't be ruined by playing them out of order...(?)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

WinnieP wrote:

Tootell_x wrote:

Yep!

Start with deadspace one though...

Just think of the neromorphs as veg or chopping up for your tea :smileylol: (might make it less scary for you?)

Yea its not vital you have played Dead Space 1 first but its advisable because things happen in DS2 that you wont understand if you havent played DS1 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I am the biggest wuss ever. I hate scary games. I got Dead Island last week and couldn't get beyond the first tough zombie lol. Simply because any time he came near me i would run away... ended in me being munched. *Sigh*
legendary vicki signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (246 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

WinnieP wrote:

Edit:

Sorry must of posted around the same time as groundbreaker..

Actually i suppose if you think you might get too scared, i could break my rule and say DS2..Only if you really think you'll scare that easily, as DS2 is more action and less scare. :smileywink:

But Hey you want to deep your toe in the 'horror' pool, so...? plus you might like it and then the story wouldn't be ruined by playing them out of order...(?)

dip your toe into the 'horror' pool. :Blush: :Help: :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (243 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Try Siren: Blood Curse. While its not scary it is rather creepy in a traditional Japanese horror way.

Dead Space was ok, Dead Space 2 is like a stuck record desperate for ideas, repeating the same areas and having you go round in circles Zzzzzzzzz... I'm bored and struggling already at chapter 6 constantly thinking about the other 9 or so levels left to go..

You can see why they're changing it a lot in Dead Space 3. Desperate for ideas me thinks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GroundBreaker91 wrote:

I was 17 when i played Dead Space and it took me about a year to complete it because it scared me lol im 20 now and i finished Dead Space 2 a few weeks ago, its awesome

haha, i had to trade deadspace 1 after a month...the scares kept *****ing me up lol.  ...pretty horriific those creatures. ...you knew they were coming aswel, shuffling in the vents or walls then bam - new pants please.

oh & i'm 27! ...not sure how long ago D1 was released? ..had it that week anyway.  

1 of my best scary moments i can remember in video games was back on the ps2 resident evil. 1st time you meet a hunter, it cut to like a movie scene of this thing just running down the corridors that you'd just been down - you see it through the eyes of the hunter..then see its claw opening the door.

cut back back to you standing down that corridor. ammo check...handgun. ...oh *****

How do I add a picture here??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (209 Views)
0 Kudos