Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: If your PS3 is out of warrrany & dead - YOU MUST READ THIS!

I bought my PS3 from Woolworths so I'd be screwed if my PS3 died on me :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 182 (667 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

opticdeath wrote:
I bought my PS3 from Woolworths so I'd be screwed if my PS3 died on me :smileysad:

yeah thats a defo £128 in sony's sky rocket.....................unless you go 3rd party.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 182 (653 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just to let you know- I'd advise getting Games warranty. My 60GB broke "beyond repair" and they are sending me a gift card for game worth the original purchase price- £425. I'm happy with that :smileyvery-happy: I'll buy a slim and a 40GB :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 182 (643 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

SnakeAttak wrote:

A question to the OP, or anyone who can answer it.

Did you need the receipt from your original purchase for this to work?

Definitely!!

Gamestation thought they had a way out, by saying they couldn't find a record of my purchase

despite the fact that it was purchased online! I promptly scanned my original Invoice and sent it to them.

The end result is that my nice new PS3 slim is in the post and I will get delivery tomorrow.

Thanks again to Infaddict !!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 182 (637 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

SnakeAttak wrote:

A question to the OP, or anyone who can answer it.

Did you need the receipt from your original purchase for this to work?

Hi, I didn't have my original receipt as I had lost it.  I did however have my bank statement from way back in April 2007 which clearly showed a £464.99 purchase from that Gamestation store.  A copy of that bank statement was enough for them for proof of purchase.  If I had paid cash, I would have zero proof of purchase.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 182 (574 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well done donwhann on your success with the SOGA

Sony couldn't fix my 60 gig so I got another referb, bit of a shame as this referb doesn't play nice with BBC iPlayer, never mind. The turn around was 1 week exactly from them picking the broken one up to me getting the "new" referb
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 182 (510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Saweetarab wrote:
Well done donwhann on your success with the SOGA

Sony couldn't fix my 60 gig so I got another referb, bit of a shame as this referb doesn't play nice with BBC iPlayer, never mind. The turn around was 1 week exactly from them picking the broken one up to me getting the "new" referb

thank you very much :Thumbs:

i'll give you an update in this thread once i get back from the shop................

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 182 (508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i shall be using this to fix my broken psp and my xbox 360 :smileyhappy: x
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Весёлые улыбки
happy smilies :smileyhappy:

you tried to kill the disabled you failed
you tried to put the wastes under controll
all what is left is brutal revenge

This is what waste management is
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 182 (497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Boo Hoo!!! I bought mine from zavvi so i'm screwed basically! Launch 60gb got ylod after 18mnths and sony just don't wanna know! I dont want to pay £128 for a refurb that will only be covered for 3mnths so i've been and bought a slim with 3yr warranty and am eagerly awaiting watchdog!!!   
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 182 (470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Watchdog will be very interesting later....the BBC have also just posted this :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8253915.stm

To quote, it states (regarding the "Sale Of Goods Act")  :

It works like this. For the first four-five weeks you have a "right of rejection" - if the item you've bought breaks down, you can demand a refund.

For the next six months, you are entitled to replacement or repair of the goods. It is up to the retailer to prove there was nothing wrong with it if they wish to get out of having to do the work. And then after six months, there is still a duty to replace or repair faulty goods, but the onus is on you, the consumer, to prove that there was something wrong.

And the key time span is six years. That's how long goods may be covered by the Sale of Goods Act. It all depends on what "sufficiently durable" means. If a light bulb goes after 13 months, the consumer is not going to be overly gutted. If their washing machine goes after the same time span they are going to be livid. 

My emphasis there, but apparently we're still covered by the SoGA, for 6 years, which would mean ALL PS3s are covered - so if Watchdog find (or Sony admit) a manufacturing fault/defect, then strictly speaking, it's their problem... 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 100 of 182 (420 Views)
0 Kudos