PS3 General

PS3 General

01 Feb 2013
By: Envisager Community Manager 7795 Posts

Introducing #WayofPlay

[ Edited ]
37 Replies 6488 Views edited 13-02-2013
Way of play FB timeline image.jpg

We are also running the #WayOfPlay in all language boards so you can choose your preferred language:

Spanish Community

Scandi Community
Polish Community

Russian Community

German Community

French Community
Italian Community

Netherlands Community

Portuguese Community
Greek Community

Introducing #WayofPlay

We’ve been speaking to you over the past week about your favourite online games and what you’ve been playing over the past week and it’s the time of the year when thousands of new online gamers visit our platform for the first time. Maybe you’ll go easy on them, probably you won’t : )

So, we’re calling on you – the PlayStation community –to chip in and share some of your favourite online moments.

We’ve called it #WayOfPlay because we want you to demonstrate those moments that best capture the true awesomeness of online gaming experiences with other people. 

When you’re playing against real people the wins are more satisfying and the fails more epic. There are friendships to be made (and ruined), rivalries to be stoked, feuds to be settled, skills to be showcased and, in general, riotous good times to be had.

Perhaps it’s the ultimate trash talking one-liner you came up with in Battlefield Maybe it’s that time you wagered a week’s free lunch on the outcome of a game of FIFA – and won. Or when you made a lifelong friend building levels in LBP, shed a tear over a departed companion in Journey or proposed to your partner via the medium of LittleBigPlanet., Maybe it’s the losses that stand out – that time you threw away an insurmountable lead in Gran Turismo by crashing at the finish line because your cat stepped on your router’s off switch or you finally broke a 20-bout losing streak against your younger brother in PlayStation All-Stars Is it the smug vengeance against your best mates, the epic losses, the tips to help you level up - or the friends that you made along the way…

Mail Attachment-6.jpeg

In short, show us why playing against – or alongside - real people is so much more exciting than playing against faceless AI.

To get the ball rolling, we’ve made a few of our own ‘Ways of Play’’mantras/’one-liners’ and brought them to life as film clips.

On that note, we’ll hand things over to you. We want to hear about the funny, freaky, heart-warming, eye-opening or just downright weird moments that illustrate why you just can’t get enough of online play. And if you have any ‘way of play’ mantras of your own, we’d love to see those too. Who knows, if we like them, you might even see them engraved in stone. #WayOfPlay to join the conversation.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (6,488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Introducing #WayofPlay

When it is 4Pm & I'm playing LBP with my kids, then it is Am, I can't sleep, kids are in bed, & this guy wants to make a car, with really intricate suspension, so I'm helping him out & is that not better than everything else?

I am in a game, with someone on the other side of the world, designing suspension for a car, suspension that really has to physically work. :smileyhappy:

Getting prizes in LBP, that can't be got alone, ie:- 4 player, something we need to work together to achieve a goal.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (6,375 Views)
0 Kudos

makoman3 wrote:

When it is 4Pm & I'm playing LBP with my kids, then it is Am, I can't sleep, kids are in bed, & this guy wants to make a car, with really intricate suspension, so I'm helping him out & is that not better than everything else?

I am in a game, with someone on the other side of the world, designing suspension for a car, suspension that really has to physically work. :smileyhappy:

Getting prizes in LBP, that can't be got alone, ie:- 4 player, something we need to work together to achieve a goal.

So what would your gaming 'Mantra' be?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (6,309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

[ Edited ]

"Where's the 'mute all' option....."

:smileywink:

Closest thing to a "mantra" that I can think of! 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (6,253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think one of mine would be:

"When the going gets tough, use the RPG"

in most games the RPG can get you out of a lot of situations, plus nothing says "COME AT ME BRO!" Quite like a rocket launcher.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (6,243 Views)

RaeRae1192 wrote:

I think one of mine would be:

"When the going gets tough, use the RPG"

in most games the RPG can get you out of a lot of situations, plus nothing says "COME AT ME BRO!" Quite like a rocket launcher.

Pure class :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (6,210 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

moriarty1975 wrote:

"Where's the 'mute all' option....."

:smileywink:

Closest thing to a "mantra" that I can think of! 

Is that in reference to the last video?

When I play Uncharted, I go by the mantra:

"If you can't stand the heat, there's always easy mode."

Purely because I'm awful at shooting games, as anyone who saw me during last weeks events would have noticed!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (6,004 Views)
0 Kudos

So we are making some of the better mantras into nice graphics, these 2 have come from people who posted using the #WayofPlay hashtag on Twitter!

First one from derranwhite

EN_mantra2.jpg

Second one from mickc3po

EN_mantra1.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (5,897 Views)
Level 13

If you think you're bad at FPS games you haven't met Kermit

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (5,892 Views)
0 Kudos