Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: It would cost you £550 to get all of ME3's Day 1 DLC

THE_FORCE wrote:

A perfect example of seeing a headline elsewhere on the net, then posting it here as a thread without actually reading any of the subject matter.

I actually read the entire thing.

5-10 years ago all of this stuff would be unlockables.

Now you have to pay for it, either now, by purchasing ridiculously overpriced crap, or wait, until it maybe - not guaranteed, goes on sale standalone.

And even then, let's say each item goes on sale for around £1.20.

10 from the MP items, £12,

7 from the Collector/Pre-order stuff, £8.40

And then for the From Dust bull*****, another £8

ALL of this content has been finished by launch, and therefore, regardless, should be included with all editions of ME3, otherwise you buy an incomplete game, or have to pay an extra (approx.) £28.40 to get the proper full version of the game.

I do wonder how many of you laugh about micro-transaction games on Facebook, slowly - but surely, actual games are starting to fall into this trap too.

And even then, past this, this is idiot baiting, some people WILL be dumb enough to pay for some of the junk to get some of the DLC. I wish they wouldn't, but they will.

One thing you don't want to do is give pirates the moral highground, this more than does, people were already extremely annoyed with the From Dust DLC that was leaked as only being available to the CE Edition, once again giving regular purchases an incomplete game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17 (167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

DLC doesn't bother me TBF, and you don't have to buy it unless it is very appealing to me and adds life to the game or is a side quest that is really good and worth the money.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

it shouldn't be there on day 1 though. it's plain greed from the developers.
Do, or Do Not. There is no try.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17 (113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Thats why i dont buy games like this on day 1. I bought ME2 about 3 months after launch on ps3 and it cost me £10 with all the dlc included. I will be doing the same with ME3. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17 (94 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LeeRoye wrote:

Thats why i dont buy games like this on day 1. I bought ME2 about 3 months after launch on ps3 and it cost me £10 with all the dlc included. I will be doing the same with ME3. 

Guess that what you are still missing DLC as the Final DLC was not relased untill way after 3 months.

Arrival DLC... added more story content and a Cult  Sci fi actor turned up to do the voice over...     

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17 (83 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This will not apply for the PS3 but if you have the PC version won't you be able to get most of the unlockable content? I'm not sure how Bioware do it but if memory serves, I was able to get all the bonus content for Fallout New Vegas, by using the console.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17 (73 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

After the leaked script (which we now know to be pretty much confirmed as true), the leaked endings which further legitimised the script, this outrageous amount of DLC and the underwhelming demo my interest in this was completely decimated. It's such a shame after the magnificent first game and very good second one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17 (70 Views)
0 Kudos