04 Aug 2012

Playstation Staff

Iv'e moved to Saudi and cant play with friends

3 Replies 200 Views Created 04-08-2012

Hi, does anyone know why I cant play games with friends I used to when I was in england. Im now living in saudi used to live in england. I took my ps3 with me haven't changed to a saudi PSN account don't know if this is the problem. I can play games online but cant join game invites and friends cant join mine we can talk in chat room but cant play online together arhhhhhhhhhh why sony why why why?????

Ps does lag a bit sometimes will getting a saudi account speed this up or does it make no difference??

And why does sony not have tech guys answering questions in the forums like other companies do ???? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Iv'e moved to Saudi and cant play with friends

gavin333 wrote:

Hi, does anyone know why I cant play games with friends I used to when I was in england. Im now living in saudi used to live in england. I took my ps3 with me haven't changed to a saudi PSN account don't know if this is the problem. I can play games online but cant join game invites and friends cant join mine we can talk in chat room but cant play online together arhhhhhhhhhh why sony why why why?????

Ps does lag a bit sometimes will getting a saudi account speed this up or does it make no difference??

And why does sony not have tech guys answering questions in the forums like other companies do ???? 

Because they're cheap.

Also, you probably can't game with them due to IP/country restrictions or something. I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

*cough*

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help-Advice/ct-p/362

*cough*

And if you ever need help with none PlayStation products

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/support

Cheap eh... no tech guys on forums eh.

*smiles to self in smug manner*

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (187 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I don't imagine there's any restrictions in place on your new county, the only reason this could be is a difference in network environment.

Perform some tests. One test your playstation, let us know what nat type you are. You need to be either nat type 2 or 1. If you're 3, there's your problem. You can also be a 'strict' nat type 2, so that can be a problem also.

Also test your bandwidth and line quality. Use Speedtest.net and pingtest.net to test these. Post the results of those 3 (tests) the playstation one & speed/pingtest.net if you want me to tell you what the tests mean / help you further.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)
0 Kudos