14 May 2007

Playstation Staff

Japanese Problems

17 Replies 547 Views Created 14-05-2007
Hi,

I've got a Japanese PS3 console. I don't have a HD TV (nor can afford one!) I can play R:FoM and Virtua Tennis on it, but not Tiger Woods or Oblivion, the error message is because my the PS can't run the game in HD mode.

I was wondering if people have come across other PAL games that work on a Japanese PS3 (without HD tv), like Resistance and Oblivion.

If not, should imported games work fine?

Thanks for your help!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Japanese Problems

Why did you get a Japanese Console and not a Euro one, other than because they are cheap??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Patience is a vitrue :smileyvery-happy: lol Yeah, Oblivion is PAL and will only work on EU PS3's. You will have to import games from Japan unless they are region free. Blu-Ray films are ok at the moment because they are region free
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yeah basically. I had the chance to get a Japanese console with two games for £300, so I snapped it up.

But that's by the by anyway.

Are there any lists of games are available?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You will have to import games from Japan unless they are region free. Blu-Ray films are ok at the moment because they are region free games are region free blu ray films are not. there are some blu ray films that are region free but most seem to not be. as for the games not working i think its some thing to do with the the resolution on pal tvs being different to the japanese ones, to get around this all you have to do is buy a hdtv :smileysad: sorry thats the only way i know that you can get arround it.
[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar.png[/img] [/url]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I just did a quick search on google, couldn't really find a 'list' as such..

Best bet is typing it in in eBay, and checking out some jap games on there.. There are quite a few people with Jap ps3's here, so there must be an easy way to get games. Best of luck :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Patience is a vitrue :smileyvery-happy: lol

Yeah, Oblivion is PAL and will only work on EU PS3's.

You will have to import games from Japan unless they are region free.
Blu-Ray films are ok at the moment because they are region free

You got that the other way around. Most PS3 games are region free, Blu-Ray movies are all region coded so far.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I did exhaust the google search engine myself before I bothered you all, thought you lot might know something else though!

Thanks for the help, I'll need the luck.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

games are region free...

They must be region.. Oblivion was released under Ubisoft for it's PAL version.. Why bother making a specific PAL version if theyre supposed to be region free??

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound cocky lol, I want to know myself.. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You got that the other way around. Most PS3 games are region free, Blu-Ray movies are all region coded so far. no all a region locked, i have house of flying daggeres from america and that works fine on my ps3, there is a site some where that list films that are region free and a lot of them are at the moment. as for importing games try yes asia.
[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar.png[/img] [/url]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (547 Views)
0 Kudos