28 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

Just had a crazy 5 minutes..

14 Replies 431 Views Created 28-04-2012

Got to a point In Resistance 2 and just couldn't do It (playing on the easiest difficulty aswell) and In a blind rage just threw my controller at the wall. Ironically the minute I picked the controller up again and had another go at it (about the 10th attempt) I did It 1st time.. 2 minutes later the controller completely stops working and the right analog sticks comes off. 

Boy am I an idiot..
Was really enjoying the game aswell actually don't know what came over me, gonna have to order a new controller now before I can fire up the PS3 again.. great. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Just had a crazy 5 minutes..

Had a moment like that my self once, did something similar, try to turn your negative emotions into positive ones though mate, cant do something? Try another method, if all else fails, take a 10 min break and come back to it.

But yes, that was a pretty stupid thing to do, but no matter.

I'd rather be a gamer than one of societies drones!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Which part was it?

I've been through a few controllers before. I don't do it now as I can barely afford to go to the pub and buy new games so I just punch myself in the face instead (joke :smileyvery-happy:).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (361 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'm normally quite a placid gamer and don't really let anything get to me.

However.......

When I was quitting smoking I lost my patience rather quickly and went through 7 controllers over some of the most silliest of things.  Still I have to look at the benefits - I feel healthier and have a bag of spare parts and replacement batteries! lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

mid3get wrote:

I'm normally quite a placid gamer and don't really let anything get to me.

However.......

When I was quitting smoking I lost my patience rather quickly and went through 7 controllers over some of the most silliest of things.  Still I have to look at the benefits - I feel healthier and have a bag of spare parts and replacement batteries! lol

I am the opposite i still regularly smoke have three fully working controllers and lungs that could be healthier. 

I have game raged Ps2 controllers in the past but nowadays if a game stresses me out it's count to 10 and ciggy time. 

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I stopped going thru the controller route once ps3 came out... Ps2 ones were easily exchangeable at $18 for a non licence replacement. Ps3ones tho are $NZ100 a pop, an expensive lesson learner helper on how to hold it in. Now I just make Kratos sounds thru my teeth lol and have finally learnt that that means take time out.... 10mins can work a dream  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I got so frustrated on MW3 on my xbox due to glitchers and modders that I took the disk out of my console and snapped the damn thing.

LIVE - TheMasterRob25
YOUTUBE - ItsJustGilbert

PS3 60gb Launch ps3 - YLOD March 2009
PS3 60gb Refurb - YLOD 21st November 2010
PS3 320GB Slim - 22/11/10 - 12/12/10 - Disk Drive Fault.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Whereas I still have a Sixaxis from March 23rd 2007 in perfect working order no doubt due to my dainty hands and breezy nature. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I know the feelin because I get angry In some games. Where I try and passed a level and get stuck on It for a while. I take a break and then come back to It. Duke Nukem Forever was driving me mad In Insane mode. And did It at the end.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I myself have gone through at least 3 controller, where games have just got the better of me, when you get so far, then hit a difficulty spike it rather annoying. I now try to walk away from the game, so far so good.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (289 Views)
0 Kudos