Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Losing the 'gaming' mojo

Oh dear, I traded in Dragons Dogma last week, and I got Deus Ex and Sniper Elite V2, and in under a week I've already traded Sniper Elite! It wasn't that good!

Deus Ex is a great game though!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 75 (284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I think this condition is a result of having gamed alot and thus most games feeling as being 'same old'. The more experiences you've had, the more difficult it is to find something new and fresh.The lack of fresh ideas keeps up in this state.

Age also counts as a factor, if you get older I think you expect more mature stories being told in games.

Alas I don't have a cure for this condition, even staying away from gaming does not guarantee that you will enjoy it again as much when you return.

I stiill play games, but most of it is on 'autopilot mode' where I just want to get it over with (finish the game) & not really enjoy my time playing.I do get suckered into thinking certain releases will turn the tide, but in the end they turn out not as good as I expected.

Back in the PS2 days (and before) nichegames were released quite frequently, and these would keep my interest because of their originality. But with the vast budgets needed for PS3 games, it's much rarer to see such risk-taking games on PS3. I think that these nichegames now found their home on mobile devices and pc.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 75 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Sniper Warrior was a good game i thought.

However i can leave my ps3 for a month without getting the urge to switch it on :smileysad:.

InFAMOUS - DJ_MOUSEY
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 75 (266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

PhillyT wrote:

Enough of the problems......... has anyone any 'cure' for this No-mojo-itis illness?

A good Moonwalk should sort it out Philly ! :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 75 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Batsugun wrote:

I think this condition is a result of having gamed alot and thus most games feeling as being 'same old'. The more experiences you've had, the more difficult it is to find something new and fresh.The lack of fresh ideas keeps up in this state.

Age also counts as a factor, if you get older I think you expect more mature stories being told in games.

Alas I don't have a cure for this condition, even staying away from gaming does not guarantee that you will enjoy it again as much when you return.

I stiill play games, but most of it is on 'autopilot mode' where I just want to get it over with (finish the game) & not really enjoy my time playing.I do get suckered into thinking certain releases will turn the tide, but in the end they turn out not as good as I expected.

Back in the PS2 days (and before) nichegames were released quite frequently, and these would keep my interest because of their originality. But with the vast budgets needed for PS3 games, it's much rarer to see such risk-taking games on PS3. I think that these nichegames now found their home on mobile devices and pc.

2012 is rubbish for games. Even industry wide experts have said it was a bit stale. All E3 was showcasing was games coming 2013-2014, but what about 2012. The only two games which I'm averaging on buying is Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed III. Beyond, The last Of Us, Tomb Raider, and Watch_Dogs are all out 2013-2014 latter being...cos'  I'm expecting delays. 

When is the confirmed myth of Agent gonna be released? It was announced by rockstar in 2007 and it's still no where to be seen. Is this gonna be one of those titles where it'll be axed just before it makes it out of the gates.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 75 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I think The Last Of Us is being released in november this year? i could be wrong though

Im actually looking forward to quite a few games later this year, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Resident Evil 6, Dishonoured, Hitman, Fifa 13

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 75 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

For 2012 I have my hopes pinned on Hitman, and The Last of Us if it still comes out this year. But yes 2012 has been a weak year so far.

While RE6 and ACIII will no doubt be quality titles, from what I've seen it looks like more of the same so I won't buy them myself.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 75 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The Last of Us isn't coming out until 2013, they said that at E3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 75 (193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ChronoJoe: wow, what a great post Chrono! I think you've probably hit the nail on the head really about the depth/maturity/level of sophistication in the game dynamics, stroy/plot and level of skill required, etc. I already have & love GT5 - which I find to be a 'game of form', as in I cant pick it up and play it well like I can if i play it regularly. Ridge Racer you can slide and drift all day like you do it everyday, GT5 I find you need to build back up your skill level to get the 'feel' and form back for it), I think ill have to check out some of the few you mentioned though, so thanks for that/those! :smileyhappy:

and Forcey.... you cheeky f***! lol. I read your reply and was like "eh!? what the F.. how does someone ono here, know that I like...... *then your sig registers, penny drops..* Aaah, forrrceeeeeeyy! lol :smileytongue:

How you doin bud? Been holding off on the vita (not keen on the fatness or black, but after seeing the white @ E3... think I can be enticed! - any good?) Must PM u for a general catch up some time! Hope your well mate

Batsgun: I agree with the 'autopilot' thing. I tend to look at the trophies and think if you're just collecting a bunch of random crap about the place or there loads of online trophies I think im never going to get all these or be able to enjoy this properly, so why bother to start? And those i start anyway, you get that 'want to get it over and finished with' feeling

-----------------------------------------------------------------
White PS Vita | 60GB PS3 (Backwards-Compatible)
PSN: PhillyT
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

pmsl

Good cheers Phil mate. Don't worry - your secret's safe with me homee ! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 75 (161 Views)
0 Kudos