15 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

MotorStorm: Apocalypse

10 Replies 1,048 Views Created 15-03-2012

So i played a copy of this at a mates it had comic book cutscenes came home checked the store and it was avalible as a digital download went ahead and purchased ,now im playing this game and no cutscenes just go's from race to race kinda wondering where the hell is the rest of my game i just paid for :Argh: should the digital version be the exact same version as the disk unless stated otherwise in the small print when u make the purchase? feeling a little ripped off 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (1,048 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: MotorStorm: Apocalypse

The download version should be the same as the disc version except download versions only usually include one language, depending one which store it's bought from. I assume you definitely bought Motorstorm Apocalypse and not Motorstorm 3D Rift? Also, I assume you're playing in Festival mode and now Wreckreation.

Sorry, I know these are stupid questions but they're the only things I can think of that could be wrong.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (1,034 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yes im playing apocalypse race's take place during earthquakes etc and yes im playing story mode except this version seems to have no story anymore its been removed all the online modes are present and working correct  strange they have been cut without any notice its cheaper to buy the disk version with all the original content sucks to buy games after the stores close i guess =/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (1,032 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I've had a look around but I can't find any other reports of this happening. If they'd actually removed the story from the game I'm sure there'd be more people talking about it. The only thing I can suggest is to try deleting the 'MotorStorm: Apocalypse" data from the 'Game Data Utility' on your XMB, see if that fixes is and if not, start a new saved game.

To be honest, you aren't really missing much anyway - MS:A's story is one of the worst I've seen in a while... But I know that's not really the point. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (979 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I did try and remove the game and all data and try a fresh download but all is the same seems the store version is cut to make the download smaller maybe im unsure of that as nothing to compare to ,and sure the story may be trash in your opinion but i paid for that trash and now have to wonder if i will indeed be getting the full version's of the games i pay to download . but thankyou for your time looking into this :Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (957 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Next time buy a retail copy. Probably cheaper anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (951 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i have 3 young boys i share my content with last year i replaced mod nation racers 3 times as they are unable to put the disks back into the box's i allways buy digital to avoid this your reply is unhelpfull
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (947 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

sorry to bring this up but ive had the same problem guess it was a decided to cut them to reduce file size bit sad though guess i have youtube

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (845 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

That sucks.

The cutscenes really aren't much but it would still be cool to have them in the game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (838 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I downloaded the freebie of PSN + and to be honest, I really miss the gameplay that the Original Motorstorm had.

Yes, the graphics are nicer, but the whole game, including Rift, just feels like toys racing around a track. There is no feeling in the game whatsoever.

The original Motorstorm, the cars actually felt like they were sliding on gravel, or bumping over jumps and actually felt like they had movement in the vehicles. The new games are just fricking awful and not fun at all.

I got the game for free and glad I did, as it's lost the whole enjoyment that the first game had. All these other games out there feel the same, where as Motorstorm 1 actually felt realistic.

And regarding digital downloads, its one reason I hardly buy any of the retail games as Digital Downloads for the very reason stated in the OPs post, they do remove stuff just to reduce download sizes. It's another reason not paying there ripoff prices is a must for most people, no box, no disc, no physical product, yet they still want to charge more than is fair and remove content.

Don't buy the Downloads of retail games, end of.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (771 Views)
0 Kudos