25 Dec 2012
Playstation Staff

My PS3 is slow?

8 Replies 472 Views Created 25-12-2012

I was wondering if everybody has this or not.

1. Is the store still really that slow? It still takes like 30 seconds to open and the store itself is pretty slow and not very responsive.

2. My Far Cry 3 doesn't run very well either, it's probably around 20-25 fps normally and some times it drops below that, around 20 fps I believe.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: My PS3 is slow?

1. The new store is the same for me and has been since it was launched. The old one was much faster.

2. FC3 just runs like that on PS3 (and 360 for that matter). The hardware is showing it's age with open world games such as this.

I'm loving FC3 at the moment tho. The low frame rate has never bothered me

Ryu Hayabusa - Banner_Ninja.Gaiden.2_01.2 Pictures, Images and Photos

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (445 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ah, thank you :Smile:. I was worried if it had something to do with my PS3. Yeah, FC3 is amazing and the framerate doesn't bother me all that much.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (441 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

here you can see a test on all platform, the framerate dropping etc..
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-far-cry-3-face-off

the ps3 is getting old but this is also an unoptimized and shoe horned in code from the pc without a care put in for the consoles. we have uncharted3,killzone3,war of god3 and new games coming that show the ps3 is still capable to run games of today.

this lazy unoptimized work of developers that is shown in farcry3 is one of the reason i never touch farcry3...

when it comes to the psn store it is a tragedy, its clearly someone that knows alot about fancy look but know nothing about optimizing it for the ps3. the result is unresponsivness and long loading times... as said before the old psn store worked much better, it wasnt fancy to look at but it worked good.

the more people that dont use it, the less money sony is earning. the faster sony will try fix the problems with it..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (385 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yeah the store is MUCH slower and harder to navigate than the old store..
Ive just platinumed FarCry 3 and thoroughly enjoyed the game, there was framerate issues in a few places in the game and even with very little on screen which was strange. But plod on with it and youll not regret it.
The multi player plays ok but was a bit of a let down... Why is everyone trying to copy COD ??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Majors5 wrote:
Yeah the store is MUCH slower and harder to navigate than the old store..
Ive just platinumed FarCry 3 and thoroughly enjoyed the game, there was framerate issues in a few places in the game and even with very little on screen which was strange. But plod on with it and youll not regret it.
The multi player plays ok but was a bit of a let down... Why is everyone trying to copy COD ??

a shooter is a shooter so some elememnts you cant change in it... but farcry3 mp is far from copying cod, they have the fire elemetn in there and a few others new stuff. i think you maybe have played to much cod and cant see past it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (375 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Lol playing too much COD lmao.......
The last one i plaved was w@w and that was for only 5 or 6 hours.
Yes I agree a shooter is a shooter but the mighty cod requires no skill, no teamwork, no thinking and running around as fast as possible. Basically rule number 1 start shooting before you approach a corner, rule 2 jump crouch jump crouch jump crouch jump crouch etc etc then randomly throw an extra jump every so often.
Yes there are some excellent ideas in farcry but the game just needs to be slowed down a little and a little more thinking involved. But thats just my opinion
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

"Lol playing too much COD lmao.......
Yes I agree a shooter is a shooter but the mighty cod requires no skill, no teamwork, no thinking and running around as fast as possible. Basically rule number 1 start shooting before you approach a corner, rule 2 jump crouch jump crouch jump crouch jump crouch etc etc then randomly throw an extra jump every so often.
Yes there are some excellent ideas in farcry but the game just needs to be slowed down a little and a little more thinking involved. But thats just my opinion""

Yup, but that is the exact reason why CoD is successful and good. It requires very low amount of skill and you feel like a rambo just running around and shooting people.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Serppi98 wrote:
"Lol playing too much COD lmao.......
Yes there are some excellent ideas in farcry but the game just needs to be slowed down a little and a little more thinking involved. But thats just my opinion""

Yup, but that is the exact reason why CoD is successful and good. It requires very low amount of skill and you feel like a rambo just running around and shooting people.

ageed.... cod is successful because of its accessability, farcry 3's multiplayer is largelly an afterthought really... its worth playing and is fun, but farcry was always gonna be about the storymode (anyone who bought farcry 3 for its online mutliplayer is a bit daft really..... battlefield 3 and call of duty are the clear leaders at the moment, and frankly i think that this will only be challanged on ps4... ps3 wise i would be surprised for something to suddenly come along and take players away from the 2 juggernaughts).

Just started with farcry 3 myslef so haven't experienced to muc in the way of frame rate problems.... so far so good! The store is a little bit on the slow side dut its not to bad to be honest... it coulda been worse, and i i think its a lot easier to find stuff.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (337 Views)
0 Kudos