PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

01 Jan 2010
By: Windhoek79

2 Posts

NBA League Pass (it's possible to watch on my PS3?)

13 Replies 44805 Views Created 01-01-2010

First of all..Happy New Year everybody!!

Second, sorry if my message have incorrects words or expressions (I'm from Spain, i understand english correctly, but i don't speak it as well as i want).

My question is simple, i have the NBA League Pass account and i usually watch the games on my computer, yesterday i tried to watch them on my PS3, but it doesn't work. I go to internet browser, i do the login, but the web don't run. Maybe the PS3 system can't support the program (RayV).

If anyone knows what i have to do to enjoy the NBA games on my PS3 with my League Pass account, or where i have to write to claim Playstation that allows this site (http://ilp.nba.com) or includes the RayV in the PS3 system i'll appreciate the help.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (44,805 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: NBA League Pass (it's possible to watch on my PS3?)

No it isn't supported and never will be. The site requires that you install the Rayv viewer onto your PC, you can't install these 3rd party applications onto your PS3 (and the applications won't be coded for the PS3 anyway).

You could try installing linux on your PS3 (not supported on PS3 slim models) using the "install other OS" option and trying it using firefox.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (44,730 Views)
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the answer mattyg89.  

It's a shame that we can't watch the NBA League Pass on our PS3. Anyway, thanks for the info

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (44,704 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi  Windhoek79,

i have read your post.

I am acually from Germany und i also bought an NBA International Broadband League Pass.

I try`ed the same like u, to watch the NBA LP over the "normal" PS3 Game OS. I had the same Problem.

It did not worked :smileysad:.

I just installed YDL (Yellow Dog Version 6.2.) and installed some Video and Audio Codecs with the flash player called (gnash), but it still not worked.

But when i logged in the NBA LP Account i still could NOT stream the Games via YDL, because i had a black screen with NO Video and NO Sound :smileysad:.

My Question ist, how u have solved the Problem?

Or du u know some good HP Recievers, which could also stream online TV like tne NBA League Pass??

Thanks for yuor Help in Advance.

Many Regards form Germany.

Jango

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (44,515 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi all,

since I am not the typical gamer anda very big  factor to buy a ps3 were the multimedia possibilities and the included webbrowser, I am very disappointed about the really poor options the system offers here.

I love watching the NBA with the league pass (which I bought) and I also know that the big amount of viewers of the NBA via the leaue pass are also using a ps3 system (it's the same buying gruop!) I can't understand at all, why Sony is not able to make it possible to watch on the PS3 system.

It would be a very nice message and marketing plus to be able to do that... especially since the NBA game (EA and 2k) are very successfull....

I would love to have SOny make watching NBA possible!!! Up to then I would be more than happy if anybody could show me a way of how this could work anyway so I don't have to take my laptop into my living room and disconnect my ps3 to connect the pc to watch.

Thank you very much

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (42,244 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

StefShy wrote:

Hi all,

since I am not the typical gamer anda very big  factor to buy a ps3 were the multimedia possibilities and the included webbrowser, I am very disappointed about the really poor options the system offers here.

I love watching the NBA with the league pass (which I bought) and I also know that the big amount of viewers of the NBA via the leaue pass are also using a ps3 system (it's the same buying gruop!) I can't understand at all, why Sony is not able to make it possible to watch on the PS3 system.

It would be a very nice message and marketing plus to be able to do that... especially since the NBA game (EA and 2k) are very successfull....

I would love to have SOny make watching NBA possible!!! Up to then I would be more than happy if anybody could show me a way of how this could work anyway so I don't have to take my laptop into my living room and disconnect my ps3 to connect the pc to watch.

Thank you very much

Well so far this year Sony have made deals with the MLB and NHL to allow you to watch the games on your PS3 if you have a season pass, etc.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the NBA is the next deal to be announced.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (42,188 Views)
0 Kudos

Believe it or not I am actually happy to find that you can't watch NBA League Pass on the Playstation3.

I thought I was going to lose  my mind trying every which way to make it work.

It would be great if there was someplace we could all go to lodge a complaint... might speed up the process.

I just moved to Birmingham Al. from Cleveland Ohio.. ..miss the Cavs, such as they are!!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (31,286 Views)
0 Kudos

i
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (8,710 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

joni988 wrote:
i

^^^ What he said

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (8,422 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Glad to to see this part of the forum isn't quite dead yet.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (8,357 Views)
0 Kudos