09 Nov 2009

Playstation Staff

Need help with error 80022D7C

5 Replies 1,342 Views Created 09-11-2009

Hi all,

I have tried googling and can't seem to get an answer.

Thought I would try here before resorting to the sony phone lines...

Recently I have been gettign the error 80022D7C when trying to view a profile / compare trophies with my friends.

I can't seem to have an explanation for the cause or a fix.  I have tried restarting the PS3 and even restored the file system / database.

Pretty much everythign short of reformatting the HDD....

Anyone else had this problem and managed to get it fixed?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Need help with error 80022D7C

Remove your comment on the Friends list and try again. It sounds strange but it's worked for some that have sync problems.

If that doesn't work and if you have another PSN ID or have the time to make a second one, try that and see if you still get the problem with both accounts.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (1,335 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks WhiteAlexander, I have already tried removing and readding the comment too but same thing... ?

Would this be a problem with the PSN backend database or something for my PSN username??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (1,298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Tried to look this up for you and WhiteAlexanders answer pops up quite often.

Only other fix was to turn off your router then turn off your ps3 and pull the power cord out. then turn on ps3 then router and let them sync.

Not sure if it will work but its worth a shot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (1,287 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ok I appear to have resolved it....

Combination of what I had already done and following WhiteAlexanders post...

What I did was simply login to a secondary user i have on my PS3 and sync / go into that profile and that worked.  so I logged back into my normal user again removed the profile comment and did another sync - then things seemed to be ok...

I wonder if this is just something being partly lost and the PSN servers needing to maybe associate my PS3 MAC address with different login?? 

I'm not sure if anyone "official" is on these forums that can confirm how that process works on the server side?

(Apologies I'm a Tech support guy for mobiles so the end-2-end processes interest me)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (1,284 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've been getting this same error imtermitently for the past week. I think it must be something to do with the trophy system/database because PSN was fine, online play was fine. It just wouldn't sync trophies.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (1,257 Views)
0 Kudos