Message 32 of 64 (241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Next PS3 Firmware?

SickMick_UK wrote:

Caragorn_007-11 wrote:

SickMick_UK wrote:

What would you like to see for me

PS+ Cloud 1GB Storage (PS Cloud will be 1 year old on March 10th)

New Trophy Card Design/Colours & More Info (eg.maybe have a do you have vita Yes or No)

Show people logged in on PS3 when using Vita

Trophy card designs - good

Cloud - Very, very bad

Vita logging on in friends list - good

Why is extra Cloud storage bad?

Storing your own save data on a huge server that isn't yours is a bad idea in the first place.

Superman
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 64 (237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

:Mad: 1 day Sony might stop that HTTP 206 when trying to download a mp3 files that annoys me

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 64 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I PERSONALLY THINK SONY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT THE LOYAL PS COMMUNITY.SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE POINT IN THE BLOG.SHARE IF THE TOP AND MOST REQUESTED FEATURES HAVE NOT BEEN IMPLEMENTED? I UNDERSTAND THAT EVERTHING TAKES TINE,RESOURCES N MONEY,BUT DAMN ITS BEEN YEARS N NO OFFICIAL WORD ON CROSS GAME CHAT.BY THE TIME YOU KNOW IT PS4 WILL BE OUT SMH.

I EMAIL SONY CUSTOMER SERVICES EXPRESSING MY FRUSTRATION N WHAT NOT,BUT THEY CONSTANTLY DODGE MY QUESTIONS N QUIRES WITH BS.IN MY OPINION THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO MAKE OUR CONSOLE GREAT N ENTERTANING AGAIN

1.CROSS GAME CHAT

2.BRAND NEW REDESIGN OF THE CURRENT BORING XMB

3.SMOOTHER AND FASTER INTERNET BROWSER

4.WIDE VARIETY OF VISUALS FOR MUSIC PLAYER

5.IN GAME MUSIC

6.MORE CLOUD SPACE FOR SAVE GAME DATA

7.BETTER AVATARS N CUSTOM PICTURES FOR PSN ID

8.ABILITY TO CHANGE PSN ID LIKE XBOX REGARDLESS IF THERE IS A COST INVOLVED

9.PLAYSTATION.BLOG INCORPORATED INTO XMB WITH LIVE FEED FROM SONY

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 64 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

@phantom2k88, Wooo mate, easy on the caps!

1) Cross-game chat - Microsoft own the patent for this i believe, and i also believe the PS3 doesnt have enough RAM to support it.

2) XMB redesign - Not going to happen, XMB has been used successfully on the PSP, PS3 and Bravia TV's. If your bored, then themes are available.

3) Internet browser - This i think was updated slightly around update 4.00, but a major overhaul isnt likely seeing as the console has been out over 5years now.

4) Visuals for music player - Again, music playback was available from the start, visuals arent overly important, so 5years down the line, i doubt anything major will come of this. Maybe as premium downloads is a possibility?

5) Ingame music - we actually have, but again, a Microsoft patent prevents this being incorporated by Sony, therefore it is down to the developers to allow ingame music. Doesnt happen often, as usually the developers spend time and money creating a soundtrack to enhance the game, and in EA's case, licensing tracks (e.g. for the FIFA games)

6) Cloud space - ok, this is possible

7) Better avatars - Premium ones are released quite regularly on the store. Custom pictures however is complicated due to copyright content and inappropriate content

8) PSN ID change - This could be possible

9) XMB incorporating of Blog - doesnt the "Whats new" take from the blog anyway?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, Computer Science student.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 64 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

thanks for the reply dude.'Cross-game chat - Microsoft own the patent for this i believe, and i also believe the PS3 doesnt have enough RAM to support it' we haven't heard officially from sony whether this cannot be implemented or not.its mostly speculation n what not,but the ps3 is a very powerful machine hence the fact some parts of ps3 was used to build the worlds strongest computer.this is sony 'make believe' so anything is possible don't you think?i know 2.the internet browser was updated,but there are stil a lot of problems and limitations that could be fixed3.themes don't chane the layout of the xmb and just because it has successfully been used on psp,sony bravia tv's does not mean it cannot be improved or enhanced right? i understand we are five years down the line,but there's always hope.4.the visual players might not be the main concern,but for community members like myself and many others that listen to music a lot this would be nice.even psp has more liver visuals than we do.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 64 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

everything else you said i completely agree with.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 64 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

[ Edited ]

xx_Tooms109_xx wrote:

1. Ability to swap hard-drives from one ps3 to another - Without having to format 1st.

2. Removal of save file copy protection for all titles.

And anything else that is a major pain in the arse on ps3.

these two is surely a royal pain in the arse... link the hd and game save files to the user account... not relay on the hw that can break... and sony would save server bandwith and people save some time when they need a new ps3. the game save is one of the most stupid things ever done. there is no reason what ever for a locked save file, just link it to the user account. so if you dont have the correct user account or try to hack the save file,  it will not work, problem solved....

----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 64 (158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

phantom2k88 wrote:

thanks for the reply dude.'Cross-game chat - Microsoft own the patent for this i believe, and i also believe the PS3 doesnt have enough RAM to support it' we haven't heard officially from sony whether this cannot be implemented or not

So this Sony employee is not official?

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 64 (152 Views)
0 Kudos