PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

07 Mar 2010
By: iWinnett Member 302 Posts
Level 4

One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

44 Replies 1132 Views Created 07-03-2010

Voice com whilst playing a different game, xbox has this, why not ps3?

That's litterally the only thing I don't like about the ps3 (and the fact that you don't get a free headset, but it's not really an issue since all my friends have them).

The only reason I can see why Sony haven't done this is because xbox may have patented it, can someone shed some light on all of this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (1,132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

Reliability.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (1,124 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Because we don't bloody need it!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (1,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

thenoobkiller wrote:

Reliability.

Oh sorry, I didn't intend for this topic to be about one thing you want improved, I was focusing on one major thing I think needs to be added and others' thoughts.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (1,118 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS

[ Edited ]

Apparently Microsoft have patented the cross game chat, but its very specific so its possbile for sony to do it another way, but this is all speculation.  I have never seen proof that this is true.

But do you REALLY want to be playing a game whilst chatting to your mates who are playing another game?

I couldnt think of anything more distracting

**YLOD 19/8/09** **YLOD successfully ReFlow 29/8/09** **Brand New PS3 slim 1/9/09** **Slim Laser failed 31/10/09**
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (1,109 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

iWinnett wrote:

thenoobkiller wrote:

Reliability.

Oh sorry, I didn't intend for this topic to be about one thing you want improved, I was focusing on one major thing I think needs to be added and others' thoughts.

One thing that would improve the PSN experience for me would be getting rid of the lag that happens when you press the PS button to access the XMB ingame. It's very annoying.

I can see cross game chat appearing eventually. Not yet though. The network needs to work better first.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (1,108 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

I love talking to my friends, and doing that whilst casually playing a game would be fantastic (especially on games with a free roam/career mode which is offline).

The ps3 currently has a voice com system whilst not playing a game, but I don't particularly just want to sit infront of my tv talking to friends. So it either has to be chat whilst playing the same multiplayer game with the built-in game voice com or not at all. Which is a shame.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (1,085 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

What we need is a party system similar to the Xbox360's.

The party system, for example in MW2 is just horrible. Sometimes it kicks you out, and puts your friend in a game that's full.
If we had a party system, this would all be solved.

And in that party system, we should only be able to talk to our friends, meaning people in the game shouldn't be able to hear us.

Cross-game chat - near useless.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

thenoobkiller wrote:

Reliability.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (1,052 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

RaymondK8 wrote:
What we need is a party system similar to the Xbox360's.

The party system, for example in MW2 is just horrible. Sometimes it kicks you out, and puts your friend in a game that's full.
If we had a party system, this would all be solved.

And in that party system, we should only be able to talk to our friends, meaning people in the game shouldn't be able to hear us.

Cross-game chat - near useless.

That's what I was touching on really, yeah we need a better party system and cross-game chat is not near useless, plenty of my xbox friends say it's really useful for when you're just playing an off-line game (be it story mode, arcade etc) and you don't really need to listen to the game but you wanna chat, how is that useless? when i play skate 2 I feel really isolated because I feel like im on my own because of no people talking :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (1,038 Views)
0 Kudos