17 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

31 Replies 403 Views Created 17-02-2012

The Turok Multiplayer Revival Campaign (TMRC) was founded by PSN Gamer SportingLisboa in late December 2010, in-order to re-boost the multiplayer population on Turok as the gaming community had decreased to below 1000 gamers. Since Disney Interactive Studios & Quazal Technology have slashed Turok Multiplayer off our consoles in Feb 2011, the Turok Multiplayer Revival Campaign has recently been raising awareness to gamers on PS3 and people on Facebook about what has happened to Turok Multiplayer. It has been turned off for no reason. Disney stated we need 1000-10000 people in our Campaign for Turok Multiplayer to be restored. We have powerful global contacts from the gaming industry such as Capcom, Gameinformer & Eurogamer.

Read more on my featured article at Eurogamer .... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-the-boy-who-wanted-to-save-turok

On July the 1st 2011 the Turok Multiplayer Revival Campaign recieved great news, that Disney had given in to the TMRC suppression and re-activated Turok multiplayer for PC and Xbox.

**************MISSION ACHIEVED**************

However our aims were never complete even on this day in July. Although this news was good, it wasnt good enough. We expect better! Now we want to revive TUROK on ps3.... again...

This SATURDAY WE NEED EVERYBODY'S HELP!

This saturday it will be the direct 1 year anniversary of the TUROK SERVERS being disconnected, this brings anger and pain to the 1000 turok players as this is still fresh in memory. We need your help! We will be taking over all disney related and endorsed facebook pages over as they ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE OF THE TUROK MULTIPLAYER CLOSURE. We must raise awareness, and playstation you must  not let this go-on any futher.

PLEASE LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE as we will prepare everybody for the takeover.

http://www.facebook.com/TurokMultiplayerRevivalCampaign

PLEASE PLAYSTATION GAMERS UNITE... WE HAVE BE DISCONNECTED... WILL YOU HELP US!???

TMRC - Mission 'take out' disney.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32 (403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

Still no-one interested? Did I waste my time?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32 (349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

hardly a massive game imo

dont think theres much interest in it here sorry :smileysad:

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

SportingLisboa wrote:

Still no-one interested? Did I waste my time?

You posted this at midnight and it's now 1a.m. It's hardly surprising almost nobody is going to reply. Personally however I doubt a significant number of people here legitimately want it back. If I remember correctly it was perceived as a rather average game and considering it's been so long since it's been released and there were so few players I can't really disagree with the decision to cease the online in the game so as such I won't be supporting the revival campaign unfortunately as I can foresee, should it be successful, a decent number of players at first and then it would return to the few players it had before it was shut down.

EDIT: And honestly, if you're just getting people to sign and agree for the sake of supporting you the right decision was made shutting down the servers and not reactivating them. There's no meaning to the petition when the majority of people signing it won't even play the game and simply signed it for the sake of it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

he made the op 24hrs ago :smileyhappy:

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32 (336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

McNeilio wrote:
he made the op 24hrs ago :smileyhappy:

Oh, sorry. Simply looked at the time of each post and presumed they were posted within an hour of each other. Thanks for the correction.

Regardless though, I think the lack of a response further indicates that there really isn't much, if any interest in the game here and I'd be reluctant to say you'd find much people that legitimately wanted the online service back so conjuring enough real support would be a rather difficult task. The Gamefaqs board is dead as is the Neoseeker forum and I'm quite sure there hasn't been a single post in the Turok OT thread on Neogaf, if there even was an official thread in the first place, (the only forum where you would legitimately get enough support if there was an interest in the game) since the game was released and there has never been an LTTP (Late To The Party for those who don't visit the forum) thread for the game so honestly, I don't think there is enough players to justify the online servers as unfortunate as that is for the few players who do want it back.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Is this the same Turok game that was out last decade?  I thought the op was on about a new Turok game. Well if it is the 2008 game in question; then Disney did the right thing in shutting down its servers. No server goes on for ages for any game. It's either that there concentrating on a new Turok game or cancelled the series altogether which was behind its downfall. Regardless of this petition;

what do people think of reboots? Cos' I hate them, The idea of forgetting everything I knew about in the past is ridiculous, especially when I have the previous game of the series right in front of me.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32 (320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

So your undermining the fact that Eurogamer wanted to report this... along with the local news? And the fact that we managed to reboot the TUROK MULTIPLAYER for xbox and pc really does say something... I think you don't know enough of the details to criticise. That's wrong in my opinion and frankly it's rude. I've worked my socks off for this and you just blank it as though I'm being pathetic. Really rude and has offended me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

SportingLisboa wrote:

So your undermining the fact that Eurogamer wanted to report this... along with the local news? And the fact that we managed to reboot the TUROK MULTIPLAYER for xbox and pc really does say something... I think you don't know enough of the details to criticise. That's wrong in my opinion and frankly it's rude. I've worked my socks off for this and you just blank it as though I'm being pathetic. Really rude and has offended me.

Eurogamer...along with the local news reported this because it's news. That does not mean that they agree or disagree with it. News is news. The fact that it's been rebooted for the Xbox and computer but not for the PS3 suggests there isn't nearly enough players on those to make it worthwhile, supporting the theory that people signed the petition because you and others asked them to but had no actual intention of playing the game. Do you have any numbers at all for how many people are playing Turok online each month on those platforms that suggest it would be worthwhile? We know more than enough details to make a judgement (however, if you are the one that wishes to convince people why Turok's online servers should be brought back than surely it is up to you to provide enough factual information to convince people that it's worthwhile). A four year old game, met with average reviews and selling an average amount of copies, with a dwindling playerbase (that was never significant to begin with) has had it's servers shut down. That is more than reasonable, especially the fact that they were up so long to begin with.

There is nothing rude about stating it was reasonable for them to shut the servers down and that we don't really support the campaign. You did work hard, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we have to agree with you. If you want an example of this, look at Haze. They surely did work hard making the game but it was absolutely terrible and they ended up shut down as a result. The amount of work done, unfortunately, doesn't necessarily mean it was spent productively. I wish you well but I truly do believe that Disney made the correct decision and the fact that Propaganda studios faced such major lay-offs and Turok 2 then cancelled as a result, there is no need for Turok's servers to stay online.

Also, from the Eurogamer article you say "But the servers are pretty desolate," he admitted. "There's not many people. There's at least 100 weekly players, which I'm surprised [about]. And we try and organise games.". That is exactly why it's been shut down. 100 players isn't nearly enough to justify the cost of running the servers. Although it is commendable what you've done, it just isn't worth saving when there is so little players and even you yourself admit the servers are pretty desolate.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32 (292 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

working your socks off or not still does not change my opinion on it being a bad game!

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32 (286 Views)
0 Kudos