Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 INTERNET BROKE WITHIN 6 HOURS OF HAVING IT

Tbh some of the replies the OP have recieved have been nothing more than pathetic. The OP has come here looking for help (this is the Official PlayStation Community yes? or did I take a wrong turn?) and yes he may over over done the caps lock but wouldn't you if you had just purchased a PS3 and encounter difficulties.

You could of at least pointed him in the direction of the Technical Help & Advice section instead trying to ridicule them with video's about obtaining the internet. Where is the "community" aspect of this forum???

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 51 (709 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hmmmm I remember when members of this forum actually helped instead of ridiculing new members for something as petty as having caps lock on.... 'tis true, the internet is full of geeks who act "cool". Just have to look at the first two replies to see where this thread is going.

And to the OP, I have completely forgotten the question, so thats my reason for not providing an answer! 

I'm too good for this forum.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 51 (691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I can think of two things, 1: the signal is to low 2: You are using the same ip address for your PC and PS3, so when the PC is connected them the PS3 wont connect
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 51 (680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Routers FTL. NAT1 FTW!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 51 (634 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

SpiderSpud wrote:

Hmmmm I remember when members of this forum actually helped instead of ridiculing new members for something as petty as having caps lock on.... 'tis true, the internet is full of geeks who act "cool". Just have to look at the first two replies to see where this thread is going.

And to the OP, I have completely forgotten the question, so thats my reason for not providing an answer! 

Wise words and totaly true, same about what Silvernige said as well.

Not sure when posting things like 'Epic Fail' makes you cool or clever, i've got two words that sum up replies like that, ***** off. (I'm sure you can guess what I typed)

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 51 (609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Rallye08 wrote:

SpiderSpud wrote:

Wise words and totaly true, same about what Silvernige said as well.

Not sure when posting things like 'Epic Fail' makes you cool or clever, i've got two words that sum up replies like that, ***** off. (I'm sure you can guess what I typed)

Go away? :smileytongue:

Anyway, to the OP, I highly doubt that your PS3 is at fault. The only cases of the internet breaking that I have heard of is when it refuses to scan and then crashes when you ask it to. (Thats what my first did) I may be wrong though but Its probabaly your router imo.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 51 (591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

JoeNut wrote:
HOW ABOUT JUST NOT BOTHER GETTING ONE AND NEVER COMING ON THESE FORUMS AGAIN.

How about taking your own advice and doing the same........... Jesus and people wonder why new users tend to avoid posting question on these forums.

Simply pointing the OP to the tech area of the forums could have probably helped him more than 90% of the posts on here.

Message Edited by Kail1967 on 28-12-2008 10:28 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 51 (589 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Most likely you entered your encryption key incorrectly, with WEP if you enter the wrong key it will connect with the access point/router but fail to obtain an IP as the encryption does not match. I would try an Ethernet cable connection first before taking it back (otherwise you waste time going to the shop and going through the hassle of swapping it then get home to find you still have the same problem.

It's possible to have your PC working but not the PS3 specially if you forgot how you configured your router with MAC filters and restrictive DHCP settings, we all do it, sitting there wondering why it doesn't work then forget you set something or it could just simply be the signal isn't strong enough... Ethernet cable to the rescue!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 51 (573 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

JoeNut wrote:
HOW ABOUT JUST NOT BOTHER GETTING ONE AND NEVER COMING ON THESE FORUMS AGAIN.

I'd say the vast majority of people reading this post would prefer it were you who should not come on these forums again. 

What a pointless and immature post, I can only ssume you are very young.

Jas4 - are you hardwired to the router? If not then try that, there are so many variables with wireless so you need to get those issues out the way first.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 51 (564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Maybe it's something as daft as the EA Servers were down?

If it was working when you played Soul Calibur, something must have happened between turning that off and playing Fifa. My guess is that you changed something in settings or the EA servers was down.

Have you tried going back on Soul Calibur again? Does your friends list show up?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 51 (599 Views)
0 Kudos