24 Aug 2007
By Simy
Playstation Staff

PS3 Scratching discs!!!!

40 Replies 1,163 Views Created 24-08-2007
Anyone had their ps3 scratch discs? Mine has scratched 3 so far, the last one i have just bought for my son, it was a thomas the tank engine movie, after putting in the ps3 ,2 of the episodes would not play, i took the disc out & it had circular scratches about midway round the disc :Mad: .As i said this is the third disc it has scratched so far , First time i noticed it i could hear the disc spinning & scraping inside the ps3, when i removed the disc it had the same circular scratches arouund the middle of the disc. Luckily the discs that have been scratched so far have been the kids cheap movies, but now i am begining to get worried in case it scratches any of my games or blu-ray movies.

Anyone else had a problem like this. I could post a pic if u like.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Scratching discs!!!!

Weird, would you like to take pictures, just so that we can see what type of scratches it is?
Moez is GAY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

phone sony and get it replaced
The Sonic 2 HD project Please help!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

my discs are fine not a single scratch

JOIN THE SHENME 3 CAMPAIGN!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I think your looking for the xbox forum lol .. if your ps3 did it it would be about the first case of a ps3 ever doing this ive heard about and belive me when i say ive seen posts about just about every complaint going imaginable .. allso id like to add that some childrens dvd,s and other cheeply mass produced dvd.s may be slightly thicker than normal disks if there is a problem the chances are the disk is about 1 mm to thick .. silly i know but thats what happens when you put crap into a high precition piece of eqiptment .
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Weird, would you like to take pictures, just so that we can see what type of scratches it is?

I'll see if i can get a good picc.

I think your looking for the xbox forum lol .. if your ps3 did it it would be about the first case of a ps3 ever doing this ive heard about and belive me when i say ive seen posts about just about every complaint going imaginable .. allso id like to add that some childrens dvd,s and other cheeply mass produced dvd.s may be slightly thicker than normal disks if there is a problem the chances are the disk is about 1 mm to thick .. silly i know but thats what happens when you put crap into a high precition piece of eqiptment .

So why don't they scratch in my dvd player then..?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

just got my ps3 my discs are fine up to now but my 360 has always scratched my game and dvd's. the tray on my 360 gets stuck aswell sometimes:Mad:
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So why don't they scratch in my dvd player then..?I would also like to know this, to me it sounds like a load of dingos' kidneys. :smileytongue: You should probably phone Sony about it, I've certainly not experienced any problems like this, and I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else, maybe it's a slightly faulty unit?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yea show pic of the game and the disc of the scratch. :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

just got my ps3 my discs are fine up to now but my 360 has always scratched my game and dvd's. the tray on my 360 gets stuck aswell sometimes:Mad:

lol you should see my gears of war disc

JOIN THE SHENMUE 3 CAMPAIGN!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 41 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos