PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

20 Apr 2012
By: angry_aboriginal

1 Posts

PS3 Serial Number

9 Replies 2657 Views Created 20-04-2012

Hello, my PS3 (model CECHL02 in Australia) was stolen last night. I still have the box for it and I would like to know where the serial number is on the box as it is required to help the police investigation.

There is a white sticker which has two codes on it on two seperate barcodes like such

BARCODE

P-XXXXXXXX-H

BARCODE

S01-XXXXXXX-G

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (2,657 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: PS3 Serial Number

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/login.action

Sign in here and you should see what you need? or call sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (2,645 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Phone sony and give them your online account details and they can lookup the serial number for your console. State is has been stolen and they can probably brick the console to prevent it being used online again. Also make sure to change you SEN password if it was stored on the console.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (2,589 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

You will also need to give Sony the crime reference number, otherwise they won't deal with it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (2,587 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

i have gone and signed into tht sony entertainment network link and it shows my activated ps3's. now one of them is the one i have now, and the other is my old one wich is no longer here and i dont kow which one out of the 2 is the old to deactivate my account on, can anyone help how i can tell which one is my old dead one?

one says MY PS3 SYSTEM & the other says MY PS3 SYSTEM 2.

------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (2,558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jonesy-ov-s5 wrote:

i have gone and signed into tht sony entertainment network link and it shows my activated ps3's. now one of them is the one i have now, and the other is my old one wich is no longer here and i dont kow which one out of the 2 is the old to deactivate my account on, can anyone help how i can tell which one is my old dead one?

On that page you can't de-activate seperate consoles, you will have to de-activate all of them, but be warned you can only do this once every 6 months.

Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (2,535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Wrathchild68 wrote:

Jonesy-ov-s5 wrote:

On that page you can't de-activate seperate consoles, you will have to de-activate all of them, but be warned you can only do this once every 6 months.

are you sure because when you click on one it says deactivate.

------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (2,521 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

Jonesy-ov-s5 wrote:

Wrathchild68 wrote:

Jonesy-ov-s5 wrote:

are you sure because when you click on one it says deactivate.

Absolutely positive. Been many threads about it on here.

If you have another console which you are using at home then you will have to de-activate it then turn the console on and activate through that.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (2,503 Views)
0 Kudos

My PS3 was stolen and when I try to deactivate it from my account it says I have to do it from my ps3 help?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (2,305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

pwnzer2000 wrote:

My PS3 was stolen and when I try to deactivate it from my account it says I have to do it from my ps3 help?

Go to Sony Online Entertainment: Sony Online Entertainment: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action then log into your account. 

Then go to ACCOUNT - MEDIA AND DEVICES - and you will see Video, Music and Game boxes. Just deactivate all then you should be ok. Obviously change your password and/or email afterwards.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (2,289 Views)
0 Kudos