PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

29 Jun 2010
By: desikhan Member 12 Posts
Level 1

PS3 Slim Fan Really loud - Scary

17 Replies 1254 Views Created 29-06-2010

Would appreciate any feedback from any of you guys with more experience with PS3's.

Basically, its hot here in the UK where I live, ranging from 25 - 27.5 degrees celcius inside my living room where my ps3 slim is. I've hooked it up to a logic3 ps3 slim stand and fan to keep it cool and vertical as well as a desk fan blowing directly towards the ps3 about 3-4 feet away. Despite this the fan in the slim goes to the highest level/speed and makes an insane amount of noise after only 10-15 minutes when playing uncharted 2 online. is this going to overheat my slim?

As a precaution I only play one deathmatch (10-15 mins) and turn my ps3 off for about 20 minutes and then play another deathmatch and repeat. Annoying! Usually when the temperature is around 21 degrees (without desk fan) I can play uncharted 2 online for 6 hours or so before the fan hits the loudest level. Trust me I've had those kinds of sessions many times! Would be grateful if anybody could tell me what I can do and whether it is advisable to continue playing after the fan hits the loudest level when ambient temp is around 26 degrees celcius.

P.s. I bought the slim in Jan 2010 so its still quite new never had this problem before and sorry about the long post. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (1,254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: PS3 Slim Fan Really loud - Scary

120Gb !? or 250Gb
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (1,252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Sorry, I forgot that detail. 250 GB model.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (1,243 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

call the shop and see that they have 2 say bud.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (1,216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Dude I got it from em Gamestation. They don't really know much about gaming to be honest - not in my store anyway. I wanted to know what you guys thought and your personal experiences. Has this happened to you when playing ps3 when it is a hot day (and night in my case)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (1,210 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

but dude theres still warranty on the badboy right ?= slim 250Gb from Dec2009 all well here
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (1,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yeah but it can cause long term damage meaning i might get ylod next year when warranty is gone. I dont think theres anything i can do other than to not play. aggggh! Double cash weekend coming up for uncharted 2 soon!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (1,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

hence call the shop. clame a exchange !?=!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (1,196 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Would I get that? - It's only a loud fan in the heat. Its OK otherwise. Will they power it up and check or take it no questions asked. and will i get 1 year warranty on the new replacement slim

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (1,889 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

doh * how would I know champ?.... the time you spent here you could have called them ?! :smileyhappy: right ?? If your ps3 slim is faulty then surely they would exchange it ?? dont you have laws about that in the UK ?!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (1,877 Views)
0 Kudos