29 Jun 2010
Playstation Staff

PS3 Slim Fan Really loud - Scary

17 Replies 1,330 Views Created 29-06-2010

Would appreciate any feedback from any of you guys with more experience with PS3's.

Basically, its hot here in the UK where I live, ranging from 25 - 27.5 degrees celcius inside my living room where my ps3 slim is. I've hooked it up to a logic3 ps3 slim stand and fan to keep it cool and vertical as well as a desk fan blowing directly towards the ps3 about 3-4 feet away. Despite this the fan in the slim goes to the highest level/speed and makes an insane amount of noise after only 10-15 minutes when playing uncharted 2 online. is this going to overheat my slim?

As a precaution I only play one deathmatch (10-15 mins) and turn my ps3 off for about 20 minutes and then play another deathmatch and repeat. Annoying! Usually when the temperature is around 21 degrees (without desk fan) I can play uncharted 2 online for 6 hours or so before the fan hits the loudest level. Trust me I've had those kinds of sessions many times! Would be grateful if anybody could tell me what I can do and whether it is advisable to continue playing after the fan hits the loudest level when ambient temp is around 26 degrees celcius.

P.s. I bought the slim in Jan 2010 so its still quite new never had this problem before and sorry about the long post. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (1,330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Slim Fan Really loud - Scary

120Gb !? or 250Gb
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (1,328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sorry, I forgot that detail. 250 GB model.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (1,319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

call the shop and see that they have 2 say bud.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (1,292 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Dude I got it from em Gamestation. They don't really know much about gaming to be honest - not in my store anyway. I wanted to know what you guys thought and your personal experiences. Has this happened to you when playing ps3 when it is a hot day (and night in my case)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (1,286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

but dude theres still warranty on the badboy right ?= slim 250Gb from Dec2009 all well here
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (1,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

yeah but it can cause long term damage meaning i might get ylod next year when warranty is gone. I dont think theres anything i can do other than to not play. aggggh! Double cash weekend coming up for uncharted 2 soon!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (1,281 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

hence call the shop. clame a exchange !?=!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (1,272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Would I get that? - It's only a loud fan in the heat. Its OK otherwise. Will they power it up and check or take it no questions asked. and will i get 1 year warranty on the new replacement slim

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (1,965 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

doh * how would I know champ?.... the time you spent here you could have called them ?! :smileyhappy: right ?? If your ps3 slim is faulty then surely they would exchange it ?? dont you have laws about that in the UK ?!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (1,953 Views)
0 Kudos