02 Sep 2009
By: VanDerLars

2 Posts

PS3 Slow Down Problems

13 Replies 1,252 Views Created 02-09-2009

Recently I have noticed that a few of my games (mainly Fallout 3, FIFA 09 and Far Cry 2) are suffering from some serious in game lagging in offline play. It all happened suddenly a week or so ago (so I know it as nothing to do with the 3.00 firmware update) when I was playing FIFA 09. Literally one game was fine and then the next I had lag. Initially I thought it was just FIFA and so I thought it was something to do with that game.

Today I put Fallout 3 on and found that it was having the same problems, only on a much greater scale. At this point I tried all of the games I play most frequently and most of them are now suffering in this way.

I removed all of the data for these games from my HDD and reinstalled them but it hasn't helped and as I type this I am performing a system restore on my PS3 (only 3hrs 50mins left) and will try installing the games again, but Im not holding out much hope.

Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing this?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: PS3 Slow Down Problems

any strange noises from the bd drive, does the lag happen on downloaded games or just disc based games, also try a bd movie and see if that lags abit
To Infinity and Beyond
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

probablyyourblurayorharddriveisknackeredoronwayoutandmaybeyouneedaspacebaronthatkeyboard
http://twitter.com/brainbeat

brainbeat

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,230 Views)
0 Kudos

Farscape247 wrote:
any strange noises from the bd drive, does the lag happen on downloaded games or just disc based games, also try a bd movie and see if that lags abit

I watched The Dark Knight last night and checked again with Quantum of Solace this afternoon and had no problems.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,217 Views)
0 Kudos

I recently started experiencing similar issues with 2k13 offline, the gameplay was normal online but it's ultra laggy and slow when I play offline. We need answers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (728 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hi I professional repair PS3 consoles and i have see this problem three times and one console was fixed via safe mode option 4 slimline and the others was fixed with a new laser lens both were FAT models but both with different laser types KES400 and KES410 hope this helps just try safe mode first ok cheers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (699 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Trogdon62 wrote:
I recently started experiencing similar issues with 2k13 offline, the gameplay was normal online but it's ultra laggy and slow when I play offline. We need answers

It's because the patches that run when you're online and not when you're offline.

Active once again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (663 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

this happened to me today in fallout 3 aswell.it was only in one area and after a few hours hours of gameplay it never happened again.very strange indeed!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

brainbeat wrote:
probablyyourblurayorharddriveisknackeredoronwayoutandmaybeyouneedaspacebaronthatkeyboard

Isn't it awful when your space bar isn't working

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (642 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Imaginethetimeitwouldsaveyouifyouneverhadtousethespacebarthough.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (637 Views)