01 Dec 2013

Playstation Staff

PS3 Vs PS4

12 Replies 2,509 Views Created 01-12-2013

For myself and from what I gather lots of other PS3 owners, Sony have done some serious Foot Shooting.  Without doubt the PS3 is currently the best Games and Multimedia Console around.  Apart from being a Games console It can play MP3's, CD's, DVD Film's, Blu-ray Films and has lots of other options like BBC iPlayer and more.

From reading various specs and reviews on the PS4 it loses most of the above a lot of which is Sony pushing their Cloud nonsense.  Furthermore it's not backwards compatible with most current PS3 games.

Like many PS3 owners, mine is not limited to playing games it has taken the place of my old Hi-Fi system.  Sony has really missed the Boat on that Marketing strategy.

Now ask yourself, why would I or anyone want to go out and buy a separate DVD/Blu-ray Player, CD/MP3 Player and more just to own a PS4.

Sorry Sony - I'm not that Frivolous

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (2,509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Vs PS4

Cool story bro!  Move along nothing to see here,this Isn't the droid you are looking for!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (2,434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

OnnaBugeisha wrote:

Now ask yourself, why would I or anyone want to go out and buy a separate DVD/Blu-ray Player, CD/MP3 Player and more just to own a PS4.

PS4 can play DVD's & Blu-Ray discs. MP3 support has been promised to return in the future, probably within a few months.

Now ask yourself, why would you or anyone want to make a post dissing the PS4 when you haven't done your research on the topic?

ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (2,401 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hello.

I completly agree, the ps4 is the biggest rip off on the market.

All of my friends are in agreement, if SONY does nothing about it we will be going back to the ps3 and putting the ps4 on E-Bay!

(It seems like SONY is trying to copy X box)

P.s I have been a playstation fan since ps one and I am very disappointed with SONY about this one

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (2,397 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

there is some serious Foot Shooting going on in this thread.... just saying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (2,376 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

richardbarker wrote:

Hello.

I completly agree, the ps4 is the biggest rip off on the market.

All of my friends are in agreement, if SONY does nothing about it we will be going back to the ps3 and putting the ps4 on E-Bay!

(It seems like SONY is trying to copy X box)

P.s I have been a playstation fan since ps one and I am very disappointed with SONY about this one

How is Sony trying to copy Xbox? I would imagine they were developed with great secrecy and Sony & Microsoft created their consoles without knowing what the other was doing. Sony announced the PS4 before anyone knew anything about the Xbox One & I expect Sony was going to be the last people Microsoft would want to know what was going on.

ws
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (2,365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Not giving up my Ps3's yet.

I don't like the PS4 dash.  There was no reason to change the XMB as it was.  Perhaps tidy it up a bit but no reason to change the whole thing.

Missing the start button on the controller.   But otherwise I don't think there is any reason to ring alarm bells just yet.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (2,338 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

OnnaBugeisha wrote:

For myself and from what I gather lots of other PS3 owners, Sony have done some serious Foot Shooting.  Without doubt the PS3 is currently the best Games and Multimedia Console around.  Apart from being a Games console It can play MP3's, CD's, DVD Film's, Blu-ray Films and has lots of other options like BBC iPlayer and more.

From reading various specs and reviews on the PS4 it loses most of the above a lot of which is Sony pushing their Cloud nonsense.  Furthermore it's not backwards compatible with most current PS3 games.

Like many PS3 owners, mine is not limited to playing games it has taken the place of my old Hi-Fi system.  Sony has really missed the Boat on that Marketing strategy.

Sorry Sony - I'm not that Frivolous

They had to make it different I suppose.  As well as all the stuff that you mention, having myself only recently invested in a 3D monitor and various games and movies, I'm also disappointed that it won't have 3D*. At least that is what I have heard. So it may not be true. 

It's all very well having the new HD formats but it took me an age just to get a 3D monitor.  I don't see myself getting one of the new HD TVs for years - if at all.  No only that, with the PS3 most games are available only 720p.  Games that support 1080i (or p) are relatively uncommon, as are games with 3D support.  One wonders if the games developers will be bothered about using the new HD format(s) too?

One thing I am convinced of though and that is that 3D itself will be even better in any of the new super HD formats.

*I suspect it will only be a case of waiting however.  I seem to recall that 3D wasn't available even on the PS3 at the outset.

Regards

Sixpak Chakrabarti

If god had meant us to be vegetarian, why did she make animals out of meat?

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png[/IMG][/URL]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (2,327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

RONNYNS wrote:

there is some serious Foot Shooting going on in this thread.... just saying.

LOL!

Regards

Sixpak Chakrabarti

If god had meant us to be vegetarian, why did she make animals out of meat?

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png[/IMG][/URL]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (2,321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I disagree, the XMB was utter crap. I hated it on PSP and I hated it on PS3. Once you had a lot of games it was painfully slow to find anything, although there is nothing to suggest the PS4 is any better on that.

The PS4 OS might still need a little work (for example it seems to bundle all games and apps you haven't used recently into one big library when it should be categorised) but its a hundred times better than XMB. Just as the Dual Shock 4 is a hundred times better than every other dual shock controller. They have eliminated almost everything I hated about Playstation.

Lets also not forget, you can use Netflix without quitting your game as apps and games are seperate (although you have to quit one app to launch another). One of the most useful things is that you can actually change the audio/video settings while apps/games are running, to see/hear the result. A small thing, but potentially useful.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (2,301 Views)
0 Kudos